The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

popup for traffic?

colan

affiliate
Im interested to run ppv traffic, to make a popup.
My friend told me, that the user has to have a toolbar or adware downloaded on his computer for the popup to appear.

I wonder, does people really download those adwares / programs?
and what sites does provide those type of adwares?
Seem like only a few and rare ones providing those.
It sounds very old-fashioned to mee, like 1990 century.

And doesnt antivirus protect against popups?
or the firewall or computer?

Think if they get popup and it auto-instant closes so that I loose a click for that?
(and I pay for that popup witch mean I pay for northing)

My friend told me, that the user has to have a toolbar or adware downloaded on his computer for the popup to appear.

Think if they get popup and it auto-instant closes so that I loose a click for that?

You have identified many of the issues one can run into with PPV. I suggest you look into some of the posts inside the FIX by @LukePeerFly . Luke kicks ass with PPV and has strong insights into making it a very profitable venture. He's been kicking ass with 50onRed.

People still install these toolbars. There are a lot of people who still use just IE for a browser. Just because we know better doesn't mean that everone does.

Pop traffic is cheap, that's why people use it. There will always be a click loss, yes, but you will make much more than display ads.

People still install these toolbars. There are a lot of people who still use just IE for a browser. Just because we know better doesn't mean that everone does.

Pop traffic is cheap, that's why people use it. There will always be a click loss, yes, but you will make much more than display ads.

Okej so are u saying that u can only install those toolbars on Internet explorer? (popups only shows up in IE?)

People still download these toolbars and accept the terms and conditions which also includes getting shown advertisement.

I would not say that pop traffic is cheap, at prices of $0.011 per view it works out to $11.00 CPM you can get much better CPM prices elsewhere. That being said if you use this traffic properly it can be very lucrative.

I would not say that pop traffic is cheap, at prices of $0.011 per view it works out to $11.00 CPM you can get much better CPM prices elsewhere. That being said if you use this traffic properly it can be very lucrative.

11$ cpm is way too expensive. There are places where you can get it as low as 0.5$ or lesser CPM's.

banners
Back