monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Playing about with mobile campaigns!

Discussion in 'Mobile Marketing' started by Consilience, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Consilience

Consilience Affiliate affiliate

Hey whats up guys? Names Consilience (Mike), 22, pretty much just starting out and I have yet to formally introduce myself. So...Hi.

Essentially I am getting off my rear to make my own luck. Started my first mobile campaign in AU. With all that I've read it seems like a good place to start. However, I woke up to some stats that certainly need improvement (I am relatively a newb - no lie there). Like anyone else, I'm just starting out and paying for my education [after lurking, reading & procrastinating for 10 months -_- lol].
    So this is what I woke up to (now granted I didn't realize I set it to run, so it was only one banner / incomplete start - I paused it today, tweaked and added more banners to test):

Impressions: 41, 305 (I bid high which leads me to believe this is why I got so many imprs - I'm not sure if that is high for about a day running).
    Clicks: 268
    Conversions: 0
    $24 spent

*What I would consider a terrible CTR.
    *I am direct linking, I feel that the supplied lp is terribly simple and I need to make one. (Something I will be working on as the technical aspects evade me - I know very little about coding, which is crucial)
    *I'm near certain I set up the tracking incorrectly as Mundo tracked 61 clicks of those clicks. I did ask my affiliate manager about this so hopefully I'm straight now.

I deff. have my work cut out for me as I'm far behind the game but I optimistically look forward.

I do have a few question if anyone can answer them:

1. What mobile tracking software would anyone recommend? Preferably not too expensive, I was told that Prosper was not ideal. My account manager at recommended MobAff Tracker, but I cant justify the $150/mo. when I hardly know the necessary technical aspects. So right now I am just using the whats available with Mundo and the TS.

2. At what point would you consider I stop? I'm not worried about losing $100 if I learn something beneficial that will make my next attempt more likely to be profitable.

... I had more questions earlier but its late and my brain doesn't want to function; so any constructive feedback or comments, tips or tricks would be great.

Most appreciated.

2. monetizer
  3. Angelman

Angelman Affiliate affiliate

Re: Want to get started in Mobile?

Welcome to the forum, glad you're joining in and sounds like you have a great mindset. I haven't done any mobile at all yet, but I'm pretty sure a few people on here have. I know that the folks from IMGrind have a mobile tracker - iMobiTrax, but that also has a pretty hefty fee per month - $130 from what I can tell. From what I remember they also provide quite a bit of info about Mobile on their blog too, so maybe worth a look - IMGrind.

Good luck with this and future campaigns.

4. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Any further update on your campaign mate?

5. yeahmobi

yeahmobi Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

i think you need a better banner or LP to promote the offer.

CTR of ad networks just differs one to another..

Featured Resources (View All)

MI