The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Pinterest Crash Course: Get Traffic & Backlinks From Pinterest!

Jay Wessman

Hey Ninjas!

There’s a lot of talk about Pinterest at the moment and I know some of you are curious as to how you can use it to get some more traffic to your website so today I’m going to give you a quick rundown on how Pinterest works and how you can get some free traffic (and backlinks) for your website.

Pinterest works extremely well with websites that have interesting pictures and can work pretty well with video too. If you don't already have some eye catching pictures on your site than you might want to find some before you submit to Pinterest!

The actual process of submitting your content to Pinterest is pretty straight forward but I do have a few tips and tricks along the way that’ll help you to maximize your exposure. In this guide I'll be pretending I have a website about "cute cats" and building an account around that just as an example.

So let’s get to it!

Note: This post is broken into two separate posts as it uses more images than the forum will allow in one post.

Step 1 – Register an Account

Head over to Pinterest and hit the big ‘Request an Invite’ button:

pinterest-invite.jpg

Then just enter your email and hit the ‘Request Invitation’ button. Now just go and do something else until you get an email from Pinterest saying that you’ve been invited to join and can make an account.

Once you’ve been invited just enter a username, email address and password and hit ‘Create Account’ making your ‘Username’ the name of your site:

create-pinterest-account.jpg

NOTE: For some people it seems to let you make an account instantly but if you have to ‘Request an Invite’ don’t worry it won’t take long for them to accept you and allow you to create an account (about 6-8 hours or so). They merely do this as a marketing promotion tool to make it look ‘exclusive’ and limited.

Step 2 – Setting Things Up

Once you have signed up the first thing you’ll need to do is confirm your email address so head over to your email and look for the email that Pinterst should have sent you and click the confirmation link.

Once you’ve confirmed your email address the next you want to do is edit your profile so head over to your profile page and click the ‘Edit Profile’ button:

edit-pinterest-profile.jpg

Then upload an avatar and set your name to your site name. Also be sure to include a description in the ‘About’ section and add your website address to the ‘Website’ section (this will be your first Pinterest backlink!).

pinterest-details.jpg

When you’re done setting up your profile just hit the ‘Save Profile’ button.

Next you want to create a few boards. These are categories for your submissions. So if I had a site about cats and I was going to be submitting pictures of cats I might have a board for “Persian Cats”, “Ragdoll Cats” etc:

create-pinterest-boards.jpg

Step 3 – Submit Your Content!

Now it’s time to submit some of our content. As Pinterest is primarily a picture sharing social network you’ll want to make sure that you have nice big pictures on your site.

To submit just hit the ‘Add’ button up the top:

add-button.jpg

Then choose ‘Add a Pin’ button:

add-a-pin.jpg

And then enter your website address and click ‘Find Images’:

find-images.jpg

Re: Pinterest Crash Course: Get Traffic & Backlinks From Pintere

Next you want to choose which image on the page you want to use by clicking the ‘Next’ button on the left hand side until you reach the picture you want to use and in the description field you want to enter a short description with some hash tags attached:

pin-settings.jpg

Tags can be attached by just adding a # before a word. Tagging all of your images will make them easier to find and help you to get more eyeballs.

It’s optional but you can also add a link to your description if you like for another backlink. It’s a NoFollow link but I’ll take any link I can get!

A tip for products: If you are posting a product or something that can be bought make sure that you include a price in the decription as this will automatically attach a little price thing to each image letting people know that that item is for sale and how much it will cost:

pin-price.jpg

When you’re done just hit ‘Pin It’ and your content has been submitted!

Unlike other social networks you don’t even need any friends or followers to get exposure to your content. If it’s a good picture it’ll get repinned and liked without even a single follower.

That being said though – having followers does help to get even more exposure so the next step will show you a dead easy way to get a whole bunch of relevant followers to your account.

Step 4 – Get some followers.

Ready for the easiest way in the world to get niche related followers?

Just search for your niche on pinterest like this:

search-cats.jpg

And follow everyone in sight!

You can follow people who have re-shared cat photos:

follow-related-people.jpg

You can follow people with ‘cat’ related boards:

niche-boards.jpg

Or you can steal all of the followers from somebody who is prominent in your niche:

steal-pinterest-followers.jpg

Because your content is extremely related to the people that you are following quite a few of those people will follow you back. In my experience around 5-10% depending on how well your profile is set up and how good your content is.

At the moment Pinterest allows you to follow a maximum of 100 followers at a time so I tend to follow about 90 at a time (just to be safe). Take a few minutes out of each day to follow 90 new people for the next 50 days and you’ve got a solid pinterest following of a few hundred super related people to your websites Pinterest account.

What’s more is that once your account is off the ground other people will start to find your pinterest account too by seeing your content being reshared around the network. If you’re content is good you can pick up a LOT of followers this way.

And that’s it! A few more things that are worth mentioning though:

• Videos can also do quite well on Pinterest so share those too!
  • Infographics work great!
  • Everytime somebody reshares or like one of your pins it gets re-posted to their profile you’ll get another backlink (and more exposure!).

Have an awesome day guys!

Re: Pinterest Crash Course: Get Traffic & Backlinks From Pintere

Nice man, another great guide - this has given me a nice idea to get some easy traffic to a shall we say "babe" project of mine.

MI
Back