The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

php developer going affiliate

MartinPHP

affiliate
Hi,
I am building professional websites and php applications for more than 10 years now.
I can build about anything in php from simple data collectors and processors to complete API's.
I made good money with it, but it is also hard work, it still is.
That is why I want to generate income more easily with affiliate marketing. Also I want to work on my own websites in the future, not for clients anymore.

I have time to develop new things that do not make money right away, there is no urge or need to make money within the next weeks like many newbies do. (so I have time to e.g. get websites ranked, I know how to do this properly :)

I read a lot about affiliate marketing based on blogs/organic.
But I also see many being profitable with simple one page campaigns and buying traffic.
What would be my best bet or go to start off considering my background?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Martin (The Netherlands)

Oh, and of course if you have any php programming (or CMS/Joomla/API) questions just ask :)

Hi, @MartinPHP and welcome to AffiliateFix!

Although I think that your great experience and background will give you an advantage, please don't be fooled by how easy some people make AM sound. It's still work.

We have members who use SEO alone; some use SEO plus paid ads; some use SEO and free traffic or list building. There are also a number of developers here that you may find along the way.

Poke around and make yourself at home in some of the various forums then start a thread to ask your specific question(s) if it hasn't already been answered in an existing thread. You'll get a detailed response that way.

You can also search for topics of interest by hovering over that magnifying glass on the upper right of any forum page.

Anytime you have a question or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums, Martin! :)

Hello MartinPHP. Welcome to AffiliateFix Froum.

But I also see many being profitable with simple one page campaigns and buying traffic.

If you are going by the organic route then you have to wait for a long time to receive decent traffic from search engines after your page/site is ranked on top 10 on search engines result. You can also try to bring organic social traffic by building a nice fan and follower base but it also requires time.

But most of the affiliate marketers don't want to wait that longer so they go by the paid traffic route. It's very fast, very targeted. The 'simple one page' you are mentioned are landing page which helps in converting visitors into lead/sales. Since, you have lots of experience in designing and developing, so you have great advantage here. Most of the affiliates don't have much knowledge about coding and so they have to outsource that part. So whatever route you take(organic/paid) , do make sure you do your fair bit of research before stepping in.

Once again welcome aboard and looking forward to see more of your posts. Have a nice stay and enjoy the forum. I am damn sure you will fall in love with this community as everybody does.

Have a nice day :):affiliatefix:
regards
Soul

Hi,
I am building professional websites and php applications for more than 10 years now.
I can build about anything in php from simple data collectors and processors to complete API's.
I made good money with it, but it is also hard work, it still is.
That is why I want to generate income more easily with affiliate marketing. Also I want to work on my own websites in the future, not for clients anymore.

I have time to develop new things that do not make money right away, there is no urge or need to make money within the next weeks like many newbies do. (so I have time to e.g. get websites ranked, I know how to do this properly :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Martin (The Netherlands)

Oh, and of course if you have any php programming (or CMS/Joomla/API) questions just ask :)

Hi @MartinPHP , welcome to AffiliateFix!

We have quite a lot of members with a similar background in many ways. I have a background in many areas off the computer and software industry as well as a business background. I am certain you will find the nooks and crannies in this business that your background will add benefit.

You have some great guidance from the Mods, be sure to do a fair amount of reading before you delve in and decide where to start. Once you do get under way, stick with your starting plan until you master it. Once you do, you will have a blueprint for making most any area of the business accessible for success.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here.

See you around the forums.

T J

MI
Back