The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PayPal Alternatives

We have used both Authorize.net and Stripes.com but currently use Paypal as almost all of our customers use Paypal for everything.

I've heard decent things about Stripe. The problem with this is PayPal can be a really terrible company to deal with. I've heard horror stories of accounts being frozen and money being lost several times. Hearing this can push you away from PayPal pretty quick, I still use PayPal and haven't had any problems (yet) but I fear its only a matter of time. PayPal is just the most used. A lot of people have PayPal accounts and when you're tying to make sales convenience plays a big part in it. Not to mention not everyone is comfortable putting their card info into smaller sites so PayPal comes in handy due to their security.

Hi! Here are my recommendations:

1. Skrill or Moneybookers. Recommended for European countries because it has lesser merchant fees for them. Even Skype, oDesk and eBay recognise it as an alternative to Paypal.

2. Google Checkout or Google Wallet. The good thing about it is that it is free to send money to your bank account from Google Wallet. The bad thing is that it doesn't have as many features asa Paypal.

3. Payoneer. Allows you to create a US bank account, but its annual fee is quite high.

These are the top 4 alternatives of PayPal

1.Skrill

Skrill is probably the best-known PayPal alternative. The company boasts 36 million customers along with 150,000 merchants in 200 different countries. According to Skrill, the only countries without a presence are Afghanistan, North Korea, Nigeria, Cuba, Myanmar, Sudan and Iran.

The major area where Skrill, formerly Moneybookers, touts its services over PayPal is in terms of advertising fees and transaction costs. PayPal earns 4% or more for every transaction, while Skrill charges between 1.7 and 2.9% based on size.

2.Payza
Payza, a rebrand of the payment system AlertPay, is owned by the London-based company MH Pillars, Inc. It is one of the few apps that effectively competes with PayPal on personal and business accounts, and it uses a very similar, user experience-focused interface.

3.Google Wallet
Several big-name competitors could have been listed here, such as Amazon Payments, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay; however, none of these services have quite the full range of options of PayPal, although they do not lack for resources and are all determined to be serious competitors in the future. Instead, Google Wallet gets the nod for its ability to attach payments to Gmail messages, and the fact that Google is one of the few companies that dominates the online world.

4.Stripe
Stripe competes against PayPal for online business customers but not much else. This service is only available to U.S. and Canada-based businesses, but payments can come in from any source. Fees are very clear; Stripe charges 2.9% plus 30 cents on every transaction. The checkout process for Stripe is self-hosted; it occurs on the business owner's site rather than sending customers to an external site such as PayPal, which saves businesses from monthly fees for the trouble.

To be very honest, I don't think there is an alternative. In Bangladesh, Paypal is not supported and most of the times we can't buy any product/service from a website which has only paypal payment method enabled.

Does anyone have any experience in selling a subscription site with Paypal subscribers. How did you transfer the subscribers.

There no best alternative to paypal, I you choose some other payment options like payoneer,payza for receiving funds but these are not available to every country for merchant transactions paypal is not best payment gateway to some countries

It depends on what your business model is like and the revenue you're earning. There are many alternatives ranging from using your local bank's merchant services to companies that specialize in payments like Google Checkout, Amazon Payments or Braintree Payments. Try googling "online payment processing" to get an idea of the variety of choices

MI
Back