The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Paying foreign affiliates

M

MrFuton

Currently I only accept US Based sites but I would like to expand it to Outside US affiliates where US traffic is their focus. I'm wondering you pay commissions in this situation. By check or by some other means?

Thanks!

Hi MrFuton,

Nope not stupid, there are NO stupid questions!

Sorry I missed this question, plus you posted over the weekend and most of the affiliate managers come here during work hours.

Since I don't manage programs any more not sure I have the best answer - BUT I do hear lots of overseas affiliates complain that it costs a lot to convert and cash US checks in certain countries. I think most overseas affiliate prefer Paypal plus Paypal is just a good option to offer affiliates and I think some prefer it. Paypal I think is not available in certain countries but I think they are the high fraud rate countries that most affiliate managers don't accept affiliates from anyway. DISCLOSURE not completely sure about all this - just off the top of my head so as with anything else due some due diligence.

Any AMs or merchants want to weigh in on this topic???

Stored value programs and more

I'm new to these forums, but am particularly interested in all issues international....

There are a couple of other approaches to paying international affiliates:

* Stored value cards-- basically function as a debit card account into which a merchant can deposit money in one currency and the affiliate/distributor can withdraw it in their own currency. Fees can be high and coverage may not be great for all countries/currencies targeted.

* Direct deposit options-- merchants can choose to set up a system to automatically deposit payments directly into an affiliate/distributor's bank account in their local currency. While it takes some setup, it is generally cheaper on a transactional basis and easier to administer.

Hope this helps...

KH

banners
Back