Certified

williamrs

Certified Vendor
Service Manager
Coach
CPA Evolution 3.0
PART 4

Defining an angle

Before I get started, I would like to ask you to, please, pay close attention to this chapter, because here we will talk about something that's absolutely essential for the success of a campaign, but that most beginners ignore or don't even know about: the angle.

Let's start with the concept...

The angle is the way that you approach your prospect and present the offer to them. It's usually a core benefit that is important for your audience and that you use as an argument to convince them to complete the offer.

Let's say that I will promote an Asian dating offer. If I simply create ads and landing pages telling people to sign up for a site where they'll be able to talk to Asian girls, it won't convert.

Why?

Because people are not looking for Asian girls to date!

The ads and landing page will make no sense for them, because they won't be related to their feelings and goals in life.

But what about if I target short men who are single and tell them that they no longer have to be alone, that Asian girls are shorter, prefer short men and will bombard their inboxes with messages inviting them to chat?

That would be more specific for them, because the fact that they're short certainly has an impact (usually negative) on their attempts approaching girls, and that's probably something that they don't like. When you tell them that they don't have to struggle with that anymore and that they can turn a disadvantage into an advantage, they will pay more attention to you what you have to show them.

Another perfect example is the angle that I used for the campaign I am revealing in this case study.

As you saw in the previous chapter, the offer I selected was an online game for people to build civilizations, conquer territories and expand their empires.

If I decided to target people who are just fans of online games and started talking about the features of the game, they probably wouldn't be interested in my offer.

Instead, I decided to use a similar popular game, Age of Empires, as my angle.

I targeted fans of AoE and challenged them to play The Settlers online saying that it was the new AoE and that this new game was way superior than the one they loved to play.

As fans of that game, it made them curious and allowed me to have solid results if the campaign.

This is what you must do with your campaigns, always find something that's very relevant for a specific audience and then look for a way to connect that interest/need/wish with your offer.

Often times students ask me if there is a process to find angles for the campaigns, but the fact is that this is more about being creative than having a process or tools.

We are marketers and that's why the advertisers pay us: to be creative.

Of course, you can always make some research on Google, Facebook, blogs, forums, etc... You can also talk to people you know who meet the demographics of the offer and see if they have any ideas.

But at the end of the day, it's all about being creative and coming up with good ideas.

It may sound like a huge challenge, but it's actually very simple. Once you start practicing and create many campaigns, you will see that finding angles will become a natural process for you and that you will do it almost instinctively while researching offers.

So, practice, practice and practice. After all, practice makes perfect.

Contents

Part 1/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 2/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 3/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 4/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 5/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 6/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 7/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 8/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 9/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 10/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 11/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 12/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 13/14 Facebook Case Study.
Part 14/14 Facebook Case Study.

CPAEvolution: Make sure you check out the relaunch of CPAEvolution and the amazing AffiliateFix only bonus's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes agree, one thing that I learned as an affiliate is to be creative and creativity begins with the selection of angels.

So this is where spy tools are helpful...you can look at other people's successful angles.

Yes, spy tools can be useful at this point. Usualy, it's not possible to "steal" entire campaigns, but it is possible to find ideas for angles.

I don't like to simply copy angles and campaigns when using social PPC, because the campaigns tend to be short living and just copying can be not a good idea (the other marketer may have already used most of the potential of the campaign), but, yes, you can definitely use some spy tools to help you come up with good ideas.

Solid distinction William "We are marketers and that's why the advertisers pay us: to be creative."

It's both an art and a science

banners
Back