The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Parked Domains for Cash!

roynorry

affiliate
I was recently introduced to the concept of parked domains for cash. In short, a well known company told me that good money can be made from parked domains. The form is simple enough. I point my spare domains towards them and register for an account. They park the domain name for free and fill a page with 'appropriate quality links'. Every time someone clicks a link I earn from it.

First of all I was lead to believe that earnings would be high. With a name like northwaleslive.com I began to imagine that an easy earner was on the horizon but I found, after two months of parking the page with them, that no one had clicked any of the links and worse still, some of the links were for adult categories and I had little control over this. In fact to be totally truthful, the only links that have been clicked in that two month period were clicked on by me testing the page, and I noticed a 'thou shalt not clicketh thine own links' clause shortly after that and so I stopped clicking. Since then zilch...

The second bomb shell was when I discovered that I now have to pay this company to 'evaluate' my domain name, for them to feature it in their listings. £30 a month is the fee, and they casually remind me that my site is one of over 5 million domains they have in their system. So I now gather that it's not as simple or magical as I originally perceived and once again, I have to spend money to earn money, and it's not known how much I will earn. There's always a catch isn't there. However I'm still open to the idea of content filled domain parking as, perhaps, with a little investment it 'might' bring some returns, but then again it might not and I don't want to risk this turning into one of those perpetual jobs where my hand is always in my pocket for cash.

My third point is that I personally don't click on any links if I come across one of these parked domains which are full of commercial links. I've started to recognize them now for what they are and don't click, therefore I suspect that neither will anyone else! Am I wrong to make such assumptions?

It would be good if someone out there has tried this Parked Domain business who could offer an honest appraisal.

Roy,
I have tried in the past and I know a few people who have, the only person who makes money is the domain parking company. Just like you most people don't click on link and the few that do, you probably get paid $0.00000001 per click so its a waste of time, just develop your domain or keep it doormant .
Haven said that I could be wrong but there is 90% chance that I am righ going by my experience and other webmasters I have known.

You need a domain name like sex.com to make money from parked domain :)

Hi all, I have some domains parked and up for sale hehe in six months they have earned me a WOPPING £0.22 hehe Im laughing all the way to the bank.
sedo.co.uk is where they are parked and it's free so I sould not complain realy.
Mike :)

I have NorthWalesLive.com and .co.uk. I initially thought that one of the big newspapers might be interested or a local media company, but on Sedo this week I saw that the name NorthWalesNewspapers.com was up for sale and I noticed that North Wales Newspapers are now using NWN.com as their domain instead. Sure it's easy to remember (NWN) but does it say what the business is about, no. I thought the idea of a domain name was to say what you are and if possible to include a geographic reference in it. Therefore I'm really shocked that North Wales Newspapers.com is for sale. Also, if I bought that, wouldn't I be open to some copyright issues if I used it! Anyway, I'm straying from the point. After careful thought and after reading posts in these forums, I'm going to point NorthWalesLive to my website at northwaleslinks.co.uk because it makes more sense to use it than to park it. Parking (for money) schemes like Sedo's will only work if you get out there and promote the ass off the domain. If I'm having to do that, I might as well put the effort in to get folks to my own site, and not furnish the pockets of Sedo. Don't get me wrong, Sedo is a good service and there can be some good returns, but for newbies with little cash to throw around, I think we'd be better off putting the domains to work for ourselves.

Thanks all.

if I bought that, wouldn't I be open to some copyright issues if I used it! Anyway,
Thanks all.

This is highly likely so I think you should jut let it be. The newspaper company are more resoursed than you and they will be able to take if of you if they are determined to.

You'd probably be better off writing a little script that generates an adsense ad.
All you would need to do is choose a topic and put a few keywords into your meta tags to generate the adsense ad.

Just a thought.

Parking domains are not a bad investment if you have at least $10000 to invest in domains...

If I have 10K invested in domain names I would slap some MFA script on it optimized for some high paying keywords and make money for myself instead of parking it and getting small % of somebody's revenues...

Average price for domain is about $10/year so you should be able to make it with MFA script. I am not sure parked domain will make you even $1...

banners
Back