The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Outsourcing Backlinks

fastfish720

affiliate
Does anyone have any experience outsourcing backlinks? I am not trying to achieve traffic from the links, but wanting to use the links to build reputation in the Search Engines.

1. It seems like most of the people bidding on my jobs use high PR value link pages and then simply add your link to the page, even if that page has no relevance to your site.

2. So is it more about the PR with your anchor text than where your link actually comes from or it it better to have a link coming from a more relevant lower page rank site?

This is marketing for a brand new site with 0 backlinks.

Thanks,
Jake

1. It seems like most of the people bidding on my jobs use high PR value link pages and then simply add your link to the page, even if that page has no relevance to your site.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bidding". Are you buying links?

2. So is it more about the PR with your anchor text than where your link actually comes from or it it better to have a link coming from a more relevant lower page rank site?

It is definitely better to get links from pages with related content.

This is marketing for a brand new site with 0 backlinks.

Bear in mind that no matter what you do or how much money you spend to do it, it will take time for a new site to rank well.

I have am using a site called scriptlance to try and outsource some of the work. So I can keep focused on my other project, while still trying to build another site.

On Scriptlance, you create a project posting with a description and then different people/companies bid on the job.

Jake

As a general rule you should always go for the more relelant links first. The main reason for this is no matter what he sites PR is if the site is about automobiles and you site is about Star Trek.

The search engines will not give the link as much juice as one that is coming from another automobile site. The more automobile sites that link to you the more authority your site has thus causing it to rank higher.

Either way you still need to know it does take time before you start to reap the fruit of your labor, but it will happen just do everything consistantly and you will get what you are looking for.

Hello.. it would be great if you start commenting on High PR sites.. you should consider the PR of the blog post itself and not the home page, if you know what I mean.. Make use of add-ons like SEO Quake in doing so to make it easier.. Relevance is your last concern in getting backlinks.. :)

Relevance is your last concern in getting backlinks

I think most of us here disagree with that. Relevance is very important.

I would certainly disagree with the statement. relevance should be your first concern, not your last. If anything, PageRank should be your last concern, since (a) you don't know the real PR of the page containing your link (note: page, not site and not home page); and (b) PR is only one of numerous ranking factors and far from the most important.

New Question:
Is it better to post on established relevant higher PR blog posts, or to post on new relevant maybe lower ranking PR blog posts?

All other factors being equal, choose the higher PR page. But be aware that higher PR blogs in particular may use nofollow; if so, you won't derive any backlink benefit.

Thanks for all the feedback, let me put it to you this way maybe this will help clear up my opinion on this topic. In a perfect world you would have all of your backlinks from RELEVANT HIGH PR pages. But this is not a perfect world is it.

So when you start thinking in terms of SERPs and your site ranking well in the SEs then my first thought is to get seen by the major SEs as an Authority site. If you are seen as an Authority you will start getting backlinks from higher PR sites without even asking.

The more this happens the higher your own site's PR will go and the better your site will rank on those SEs (Search Engines). The real goal here is find the best most natural way to get as many backlinks as possible if you do that you are well on your way! I hope that info helps someone!

I am only telling you things that I have done and I have created a site from ground zero and within two months of the sites exsistance started getting traffic directly from google searches on my keywords over time this I am only going to get more and more traffic from following those simple steps. Just an FYI...

In a perfect world you would have all of your backlinks from RELEVANT HIGH PR pages. But this is not a perfect world is it.

So when you start thinking in terms of SERPs and your site ranking well in the SEs then my first thought is to get seen by the major SEs as an Authority site. If you are seen as an Authority you will start getting backlinks from higher PR sites without even asking.

Which is even more reason to make sure incoming links are relevant to your content. How do you think those authority sites get to be seen as authority sites?

The more this happens the higher your own site's PR will go and the better your site will rank on those SEs (Search Engines). The real goal here is find the best most natural way to get as many backlinks as possible if you do that you are well on your way!

That's an excellent way to get your site (1) sandboxed and (2) flagged for artifical link building.

OK now I am totally confused. :confused:

How can my site get sandboxed, or flagged because other webmasters hear about my site somewhere and place a link on their own websites to provide value to their visitors back to my site? How can that be my fault and hurt me?

That I don't understand please elaborate :rolleyes:

I'll use Google as an example (what Google does, other search engines try to emulate).

Google's ranking algorithms are complex and thorough, and Google's massive network of computers allows them to run those complex algorithms in real time and to evaluate dozens or hundreds of factors virtually simultaneously.

Among other things, they are able to look at the array of incoming links to a page and analyze several characteristics of those links: Is the same anchor text used in a high proportion of those links? Unless it's the name of the company, that's unusual so it looks like artificial link building. Are a high proportion of the incoming links reciprocated? That's unusual for organic linking so it too looks like artifical link building. Does the page oir site suddenly acquire a high proportion of its incoming links in a short period of time? That's also unusual for organic linking so it too looks like some sort of artificial link building strategy, possibly purchased links or reciprocal link arrangements - and that may well put you into Google's sandbox.

The secret to successful link building is to at least try to make it look as natural and organic as possible.

OK now that I totally understand and it is absolutely true. In my case what I was trying to say and maybe was not clear about is organic link building. But my point was to try to get your organically built links from relevant places first before you start worrying about the page rank of the sites the organically generated backlinks came from.

I would never use or tell anyone to attempt some artificial link building strategy. I mean it might work up front but you will definitely get sandbox once Google spots it and believe me they will find it.

So now that I am on the same page thanks for the input and conversation it was nice and I feel like someone is actually reading my post which is what I wanted to do anyway be of some help with information that I have some value add.

Thanks again!

MI
Back