The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Opinions on travel

janet79t

affiliate
I am retired and love to travel. I also owned and operated a bricks and mortor travel agency in the past. I have a website built and plan to use blogs to help drive traffic. I am going to try to build several niche markets. Do you see this as doable with the competition from the big travel sites. I would be an affiliate for some of them,

Hi Janet,

Sounds like you've done a lot of thinking and have a good plan. Yes, travel is competitive, but lots of affiliate do well in the market. I think the key, at least for starting out is trying to find some less competitive niches.

Do you know how to do keyword research to find niches with demand but not too much competition? Here's a post that teaches a few things about one of the ways to do keyword research.

Thanks Linda
Yes I have been doing some key word searches. I have a website built however I am wondering if I should just put links on my blogs that go directly to the travel sites I will be an affillate for?

Hi Janet,

That's the way to do it. Once you've got your sites built and you've developed and written the content, then you add in the affiliate links for the merchants/products that you want to promote.

It's a good idea to start scoping out which affiliate programs you want to join while your are in the process of developing your sites. Although some won't accept your application until your site is complete, they may provide you with suggestions and guidelines one how to best tailor your content to promote their products.

Cheers,

Thanks Julia. All advice is welcome. I am setting a target date of the end of Jan to have things launched. I have been looking at the sites I want to promote and will start contacting them soon to get advice and see how many of them I can get on board.

banners
Back