The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

One way to help you learn more material

awbarton222

affiliate
This in my mind is clearly the most effective way to learn new information so that it sticks with you. I was never very good in school and my grades were poor. Since using this method my knowledge has increases significantly about any subject I choose. I learned this from Stephen Covey's "7 Habbits of highly effective people". (HIGHLY Recommened)

Teach
That simple. Whenever you have learned something you see as valuable information, make an effort to teach what you learned immediately to someone else (within 24 hours). When you are teaching your sense of responsibility changes. Your mind works harder to understand the concept to make sure someone else can understand.

You can write what you've learned in a blog or here are the forums, teach your wife or friends. Just explain to them what you've been learning.

If you knew you were going to be tested on the information you learn today, wouldnt that effect your learning?

Just thought i'd share, its really helped things stick with me.

Sharing is the most wonderful thing that we must do all the time. I do adore people who share what they knows even though it is for free. Anyway, nice post!

As a former teacher I have to agree with awbarton222. That's why kids are encouraged to work in collaborative groups in school.

I completely agree with you. Teaching not only helps you learn the material yourself, but it also gives you a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment which encourages you to do it more often.

Another good tool is repetition over a long period of time. If you try to jam the information into your head within a day or two, you'll forget it in no time. Its like when you repeat a phone number over and over again in your head. You'll remember the phone number long enough to write it down, but not for long after that. But, if you go over something for a short period of time everyday for a month, you'll remember it forever. Like if you dial (not speed-dial) a phone number everyday, you'll be able to remember that number off the top of your head with no problem.

Hi awbarton222,
It is very kind of you for sharing this to all of us."Your mind works harder to understand the concept to make sure someone else can understand",you are completely right?
there is an undescriptible feeling when you reach the people's understanding from what you've just shared to them.

MI
Back