“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

OMG! Shut up about Twitter already

D

djbaxter

OMG! Shut up about Twitter already
By Helen A.S. Popkin, msnbc.com
Fri., March. 6, 2009

Suddenly the microblogging tool is the Snuggie of social networking

Cursebird, a "real-time feed of people swearing on Twitter," ... is awesome. Not only does it relay (or "retweet" as the kids say) profane Twitter posts, the Cursebird home page features the top five bad words currently ranking on the social network along with percentage points, the cursing stats of random foul-fingered tweeters, and a search feature to check just how nasty your Twitter pals can be.

Beyond this and a couple of other independently developed Twitter apps that cater to my outer juvenile, I don?t much care for Twitter. Also, I?m really sick of hearing about it. Suddenly Twitter is the Snuggie of social networking. Everyone?s yammering about it endlessly and busting out his or her own Twitter feed as awkwardly as wearing a blanket with sleeves.

...more

Thanks David, that gave me a good chuckle and I couldn't agree more. :D

I do Twitter and I do get it, I just don't get all the hype.

And no I don't get the Snuggie hype either.
It's cool, it's warm, I get it, it's just not ALL that!

I feel the same way about Twitter.

Although I've got a profile there, I'm not using it very much.

Similarly with FaceBook-- I only log into my profile once every two weeks.

I think people are just extremely excited that Twitter is opening new networks and channels of communication for them. Marketers and bloggers especially. The people that I follow are constantly reading articles, like how to use Twitter for this, and how to use Twitter for that. There are tons of new articles and applications being published each day - it's exciting!

But not everyone is wanted to use Twitter for everything, and I think those people don't understand the hype. Plus people who don't understand Twitter...well of course they don't want to hear about it!

MI
Back