The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Not, why do people fail? But, why do people succeed?

matthewzinda

Not sure if this should be posted here, or in the newbie affiliate forum. Either way, I think it is something everyone should be aware of.

It is important to avoid the things that would cause you, and your associates, to fail at internet marketing. However, I think it is even more important to learn and implement the things that are responsible for people's success.

I get one answer every time someone, who I would consider successful, is asked to give advice; provide value.

In every aspect of every business, online or offline, the main founding business principle that is responsible for every marketers success is to provide value.

People do not go to your website, blog, tele-seminar, webinar, forum, etc., because you, as a marketer, might benefit from them being there. They engage in these activities because they, as a visitor, customer, affiliate, etc., might benefit from being there.

If the visitor does not benefit in the way they expected, they will go elsewhere. It's just the way it is. So, why not make sure it is an absolute no-brainer for your visitor to benefit in the way they expected, with absolutely no regard for what is in it for you, as a marketer?

Not only is it necessary to provide value upon meeting a visitor, it is absolutely vital to the life of your business to continue to provide value in every aspect, and every stage of your business. From the first visit to your website, blog, etc., to long after your visitor has already bought your product and/or service, and at all times in between.

The very small percentage of marketers who succeed in this business promote their products and/or services as if they have nothing to gain from a person buying that particular product or service.

If, while marketing your product and/or service, you are thinking about how it will benefit you, as a marketer, if someone buys your products and/or services, it is very unlikely that you will succeed.

Promote your products and/or services with one thought in mind; how will this product and/or service benefit other people? Perhaps in the same way it has benefited you, yourself, as a consumer of that particular product and/or service.

It is very necessary to learn the skills it takes to succeed in your business. If someone asked me to fix an airplane, I would look at them like a deer in headlights. I would have to learn a whole lot of new skills in order to be able to fix an airplane on my own, or even help someone else fix an airplane.

Many people take the time and effort to learn these new skills, however learning these new skills will do you absolutely no good, unless you actually take action, and implement these skills into your own business.

Practice what you have learned. Otherwise, all of the time, money, and effort you put into starting your own business will be for not.

I hope this post made a light bulb come on for atleast one person. If that is the case, it was well worth writing.

Good luck.

Matthew Zinda

Nice post you have Matthew! I agree with you. Valuing what we have and our career is an essential way to be successful. Failures may come along the way but of course it is a normal experience to people who wants to be an achiever. It is much fulfilling to taste bitter before the sweet rather than tasting heaven and then hell.

I agree. I'm doing internet marketing for a few years now and have experienced lots of failures. But I never give up, I learn and move on. To be successful in online business, we need to have lots of patience and hard work.

I totally agree! VALUE is so important! What does everyone always say when they post tips, quality content! This is the most important thing you can do other than having a user friendly website! Great post. More people should stop setting themselves up for failure and look at what has worked for other people so they may have success too!

In the way you phrased the thread title you already pointed out a vital ingredient for success: positive thinking/feeling/wording instead of negative. This sets the foundation. And the more you have the positivity ingrained in your life generally the faster and easier it will spill over to your online endeavors.

Of course the foundation there is quality content. Some time needs to spend on this first and then here and there continuously. Equally important then is to promote this content. Lets face it, you need to cause attention in order to draw visitors. If they stick or stay around depends on the content then. But you need to do that initial leg work. And yes, if its the more subtle yet decisive form the more successful you will be in the long term.

Last but not least: Persistence.

I think those who succeed simply take action and stick with one method until they succeed. They don't jump all over the place and work on something for a few days, then give up and start anther one. They put enough time and effort into a method, and give it a true try, the either succeed or if they don't, then they move on to another method.

I think those who succeed simply take action and stick with one method until they succeed. They don't jump all over the place and work on something for a few days, then give up and start anther one. They put enough time and effort into a method, and give it a true try, the either succeed or if they don't, then they move on to another method.

I agree fully. I would hate to count the times an affiliate has teamed up with me, full of noise, determined to succeed, is already in my top rated team, with one of the most highly rated biz ops and residual producers in their hand, takes off with a roar (even has some success, made a few dollars and nicely on the way to putting a nice base in to their business) and gets distracted by the next bright shiny thing to hit the market, and wanders off into the distance, never to recover.

Dumb, really dumb!

Happily I don't need many really serious people to be able to enjoy my considerable residuals!

I look at my members and think to myself 'Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear the words you say' - and I look for their actions.

It's action, results and a willingness to commit to some personal development that brings results, not jumping from opp to opp.

I agree fully. I would hate to count the times an affiliate has teamed up with me, full of noise, determined to succeed, is already in my top rated team, with one of the most highly rated biz ops and residual producers in their hand, takes off with a roar (even has some success, made a few dollars and nicely on the way to putting a nice base in to their business) and gets distracted by the next bright shiny thing to hit the market, and wanders off into the distance, never to recover.

Dumb, really dumb!

Happily I don't need many really serious people to be able to enjoy my considerable residuals!

I look at my members and think to myself 'Your actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear the words you say' - and I look for their actions.

It's action, results and a willingness to commit to some personal development that brings results, not jumping from opp to opp.

Yeah, its just sad, that so many people still believe in "magic button" and keep buying the next big shiny thing, hoping thats gonna make them rich.

I look at this problem different than most, so let me explain.

The one single word that is just 5 letters has had the most profound influence on my life and success: Grind!

While you're still sleeping, I'm grinding. When you go out to get a beer, I am grinding, when you are complaining, eating, talking on the phone, dreaming of your success, I am still grinding.

Adding value is a step in the process, but is not an end all to success. In reality, this is the truth:

Adding value will never become a reality without the grind.

Steps of progress like split testing, developing a product, adding value, site design, marketing, social, SEO or any other "Process" means ZERO without the Grind!

I have more than 99% of online marketers because I grind.

Do you need to learn all of these processes? Absolutely, you must master your profession completely, but they are empty dreams without Grind!

I took a personal bet a few years back where people told me what I do could not be done without my team. I took the bet.

Over a 4 month period I took a new site to no 1 for two 60k plus monthly exact match keyword. The first month up top it made 13k. 5 months later it was at 70 plus k per month, all by myself with one site and absolutely zero help from anyone.

Knowledge is easy. You can learn all processes for internet marketing and it's all online and free, so methodology has nothing (yet everything) to do with success. You will never learn and master these processes without grinding. You will never even start learning without grinding!

When you are ready to absorb your life with that goal and processes to reach your goal, you will never make it without grinding.

I have mentored many people so they could reach their goals. A handful made it while the majority fell to the wayside. So what was the common denominator for the ones who tasted (and maintain) success in online marketing? The ones that grind were the ones who were able to reach their goals, and most even exceeded them.

There are literally thousands of people who make a much better than average income online, but if you are going to beat them, you must grind because they are grinding hard or they would not be the top dogs in their particular niche.

If you have not had a sore rear end and sore legs from sitting in front a computer for hours on end for months at a time, you have zero shot at success.

You can learn any and all processes for online marketing, but without grinding, you will never learn them, without grinding, you will never exercise them, without grinding you will never find out who you really are.

Grind!

MI
Back