The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Not targeting WIFI

beashmm

affiliate
Hey Forum People,

My question is simple, can you guys give me your reasons for not targeting WIFI if the offer doesn't mention it? Curious cause i'm about to test it out a little, wanted some other thoughts.

Cheers.

Wifi traffic does not convert well It is low quality Because a person using a wifi is mostly free wifi In that case he is also not going to subscribe to your offer if the offer is paid ....
Thats what I know ! Waiting for other members to through some light on the topic

Hey Forum People,

My question is simple, can you guys give me your reasons for not targeting WIFI if the offer doesn't mention it? Curious cause i'm about to test it out a little, wanted some other thoughts.

Cheers.

Its an urban myth i don't know who started it but its a bunch of bulls**t

Below is a screenshot of an offer I'm promoting in thailand that only accepts traffic from 4 of the largest mobile carries as you can clearly see i am still getting conversions on "WIFI" traffic

thai-wifi.jpg

So far every offer i have ever promoted has performed relatively OK with certain wifi networks.

If you're promoting a carrier billing offer that accepts ALL the major mobile carriers in a particular country then promoting that offer to people on wifi will not necessarily cause your campaign to under perform.

Now lets say you're promoting an offer that only accepts the 2nd and 3rd largest mobile carries in a particular country, then you need to find out what percentage of the market they own, if its more than 50% combined i would still test wifi traffic.

List of mobile network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would recommend splitting your campaign into 2 groups, set up 1 campaign for carrier traffic only and then set up another for wifi only as it usually makes the data easier to analyze.

Good luck

Last edited:
CMA, that was super helpful, I'm going to take your tip on splitting the campaign to see what happens. I can see how that would make sense though for paid offers, but still worth testing with caution.

banners
Back