The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Not even begun

alpacabob

affiliate
Hi,

I'm just getting into this to try to supplement my income (new baby coming and my wife wants to cut her work hours), although I've been thinking about doing it for years- now I'm going to dedicate part of my weekend to getting a site up.

I got into this idea because I heard about the industry during a long (4+ years) relationship with a girl who worked for Adwords and then became a senior analyst at Google (people say I should never have left her as I'd now be living in central London as a kept man. ;) ). And I have lots of help now as we're still good friends and my sister happens to work for one of the premier web optimization companies and is all over me doing this. The wife is sceptical, but if I made enough money for her to not have to work as much, she'd love it.

I work in law now (not a lawyer, but not exactly a paralegal- somewhere in between), previously in health, have a degree in religion and a masters in anthropology. I love bicycles, skiing, computers, building things, whatever.

So hi everybody! I've been browsing the site for awhile, and figured I'd join as I'm just starting to get a website built and actually take the steps to do this.

Hi alpacabob,

Welcome to our 5 Star Community. Glad you found us. Hope we can help you get started in the right direction. Sounds like you have a good support system.

If you haven't yet read the stickies in the newbie forum and then ask questions when you have any. We're happy to help.

Alpacabob,

Sounds like you have the right motivation and spirit to make this work for you. My best suggestion is....

Read, experiment, read some more, experiment, ask questions, rinse and repeat. :)

And don't be afraid to ask questions. That's what this forum is here for.

MI
Back