The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Noob here and I have some questions

Hi all, cool forum you have here.

I was wondering about some questions that I didn't find much about.

1. Why is Google so slow to index sites? Server limitations? On Youtube, search gets refreshed very often but you have to wait a lot for Google. Are bigger sites updated more often? I tried to check Facebook and the cached page's date was 27 June (it was 4th of July or something). My site was 25 June. Equality or am I missing something? :confused: I also get indexed but remain at the last result for a long time (Bing is fine).
2. Is the Google sniping stuff correct that if you put keywords in your domain name you'll get a massive boost for those keywords?
3. How do you get high PR backlinks? I mean my only high PR backlinks are from my Youtube Channel (PR 5) and a site of mine (PR 1). The rest of backlinking that I do is PR 0 (forums & social bookmarking).
4. I also tried some marketing on Youtube: I made gameplay videos of video games and added an Amazon buy link for the games in the description. I got hundreds of views for the videos but very few clicks. Any advice on that? Are youtube views correct or inflated? Cause every video seems to go to 1000 views fast. I have 4.500.000 views but haven't made a penny from them. :confused:
5. Very new to this internet marketing thing and I haven't made a penny yet maybe except when I sold a printer of ours on an old site of mine and I also got like 2 clients for my dad but nothing yet from clickbank or amazon. I guess it takes hard work everyday and knowledge just like anything right? Those work 15 minutes a day/ press a button and earn 100$ a day are scams and its not the truth right?
6. Does Google count backlinks on private pages (Facebook, etc)?

Thx a lot!

1. Why is Google so slow to index sites? Server limitations? On Youtube, search gets refreshed very often but you have to wait a lot for Google. Are bigger sites updated more often? I tried to check Facebook and the cached page's date was 27 June (it was 4th of July or something). My site was 25 June. Equality or am I missing something? :confused: I also get indexed but remain at the last result for a long time (Bing is fine).

Google isn't any slower than Bing to index sites but they are probably better than Bing at this point in terms of accurately ranking new sites. You are going to need to develop a LOT more patience. Fix your eyes on the long term, i.e., months and years, not days and weeks.

2. Is the Google sniping stuff correct that if you put keywords in your domain name you'll get a massive boost for those keywords?

No. In fact, these days it may even work against you.

3. How do you get high PR backlinks? I mean my only high PR backlinks are from my Youtube Channel (PR 5) and a site of mine (PR 1). The rest of backlinking that I do is PR 0 (forums & social bookmarking).

You build slowly over time by adding content people want to link to. If you're selling something, buying advertising like AdWords may help to increase initial awareness of your site but you still need something at the end of those ads to keep people interested and attract links.

4. I also tried some marketing on Youtube: I made gameplay videos of video games and added an Amazon buy link for the games in the description. I got hundreds of views for the videos but very few clicks. Any advice on that? Are youtube views correct or inflated? Cause every video seems to go to 1000 views fast. I have 4.500.000 views but haven't made a penny from them. :confused:

You are in a very competitive market and people viewing your videos are probably looking for hints on how to play games or ideas for new games but they are often younger players who aren't going to be buying online or they are looking for more established sites than yours before they purchase online.

5. Very new to this internet marketing thing and I haven't made a penny yet maybe except when I sold a printer of ours on an old site of mine and I also got like 2 clients for my dad but nothing yet from clickbank or amazon. I guess it takes hard work everyday and knowledge just like anything right? Those work 15 minutes a day/ press a button and earn 100$ a day are scams and its not the truth right?

No. Not the truth. Not even close.

6. Does Google count backlinks on private pages (Facebook, etc)?

Google counts everything they find but most, like private Facebook pages, add little or value in terms of ranking your site.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I also noticed that all my sites have been indexed, however they are not ranked yet. My only ranking is on bing. I guess patience is key.

I also came across this video on keywords in domain names. It used to be an advantage but not anymore I guess.

Oh, and what about "-" in titles? I read something that it counts as a minus sign that eliminates keywords from searches. :rolleyes:

Oh, and what about "-" in titles? I read something that it counts as a minus sign that eliminates keywords from searches. :rolleyes:

No that's not true either.

The only time a - affects a search is when it's used as an operator, part of the search term.

For example, let's say you want to search for "dog" but you don't want "dog breeders" in the rsults... you would use "dog -breeder" as the search term.

In page titles it doesn't work that way.

Minstrel is absolutely right. It takes time to build up a web presence.

FYI: You're better off in the long run to create high quality/original content that pleases human visitors than focusing on the search engines and how they operate, really. They will index you in good time, provided your site is not spam.

The problem with people who are overeager is they tend to spam. Which is like shooting yourself in the foot - especially now with algorithm changes like Panda and Penguin.

Focus on quality and settle in for the long haul. There's no way to do this overnight. :)

MI
Back