The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

No...

Joseph Ratliff

<b>5 Star Success Guru</b>
No affiliate marketing does not create overnight riches.
No there is no magic button to fill your bank account with cash.
No there aren't many "untapped niches" where you will dominate anymore.
No affiliate marketing isn't easy.
No there are no shortcuts.
No you shouldn't try to figure this business out beforehand.
No you shouldn't over-analyze opportunities, that will paralyze you.
No the Internet isn't some big shiny object anymore, so "make money online" isn't a new topic anymore...

So...

No you're not going to succeed without the right mindset...will you do what it takes to develop that mindset?

If the answer is No, maybe you should keep your day job. :cool:

Can i just ask has the affiliate marketing business model become so competitive that maybe finding niches in the offline world would be easier. It seems the case. Either way i think its gotten to the point where you have to work intelligently and do the most you can in any given period of time.... because as you said the competition will be eyeing you up and constantly finding ways to get the edge. I still believe that anyone who wants it badly enough will have it, but that's from consistent action even when you aren't getting the sales.

Can i just ask has the affiliate marketing business model become so competitive that maybe finding niches in the offline world would be easier. It seems the case. Either way i think its gotten to the point where you have to work intelligently and do the most you can in any given period of time.... because as you said the competition will be eyeing you up and constantly finding ways to get the edge.

Affiliate marketing (actually any online marketing) is starting to become more and more competitive in many more niches...because of 2 primary reasons in my opinion (there are more reasons) ...

1) The internet is not the "big shiny object" it was about 10 years ago...so there are more people involved trying to market online.

2) Your competitors have more tools to "spy" on you with, to get your keywords, model how you're doing your SEO, etc...etc... not that there are many "big-level" competitors out there, but the ones that are can wipe you out if you don't know what you're doing.

Hope that helps :)

Yes and No Part II

Yes you can still build an affiliate business, and quite a successful one at that.
Yes there is and always will be plenty of market for everyone.

No this isn't easy...but has building a real business ever been easy?
No you're not going to find some magic niche that unleashes millions of dollars.
No it doesn't take 5 minutes to make $34,233 with some "proven system." Get over it.

The one and only book that helped me set the right mindset was "Think And Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Written more than 70 years ago, I consider it the best source of advice on how to "think big" and have the right approach to succeed.

Affiliate marketing is one of the most complicated business on the internet, the few that understand the dos and don't make hell of money from it, the large that just follow a straight path that leads no where often believe the internet is the wrongest place to ever seek for a living.

John

MI
Back