The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

No! It isn't Worth A Try!

Y

yvesfra

What make you, as affiliate, to say : No! It isn't Worth A Try!

Let's imagine a new merchant that has a service (online booking system for accommodation), the niche is not overcrooded, this merchant give 50% on each sales (px 120 Euro), the CPP is 1.3 and let's imagine that you have the possibility to advertise to accommodation owner.

What can make you thinking : No! It isn't worth a Try!

1/ Too specific, I don't have enought knowledge
2/ Too small niche
3/ Don't know this services, May be I will fall prey to a affilate scam.
4/ I want to fell secure concerning payment, I don't want to have trouble collecting my pay.
5/ I beleive that I won?t earn enough.
6/ Why should I try something new.
7/ Other?

1000 Thanks in advance for your help.

:( No answer to my question....

Let's try another way :

As affiliate what is the most important for you:

- High payout and good conversion.
- Easy to advertise.
- The security of know merchant.
- Large niche.

Thanks.

Your "Trying" sentence bothers me.

Anyway...If you studied the business model carefully, you should be able to answer that question yourself.

Just the mere fact of posting this tells me that you are confused when searching for something to get involved with and earn an income, and at the same time you doubt and do have lack of ability in choosing the right business to get involved with.

Don't take affront in my reply. I just want you to make the right choices and take the correct decision. I went through trial and error now for almost 30 years

Take care,

Bernard St-Pierre
Marketing Consultant
Copywriter/Teacher

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you very very much to your answer, what you say is true, alcymart and I will PM you.

But I would like to answer here to some of your sentences.

"If you studied the business model carefully, you should be able to answer that question yourself."

I had a company, I sold for years by meeting customers and I have a lot of experience in this business model. But, you know that experience is a lantern that light only the past. When you come to something totaly new for you, even if you read all books, you need knowledge to be able evaluate a business model (as better as you can) to make the better choice you can. Internet selling is very confusing for the beginner, you are lost in cloud where all you learn from 'real world sell' need to be adapted or forgotten.

This post was made to try to get some answers in order to 'study' this new business model. Thank you to answer my post.

'Don't take affront in my reply'. No, not at all, when you are building a new business, you are not here to ear somebody telling you that you are so great, beautiful....

I think one of the main factors is how familiar you are with the niche, or how willing you are to spend time studying it, because this will determine a major part of your success in the field.

The problem in affiliate marketing is that the merchant a neither the customer of the affiliate, neither the merchant (of the affiliate), it is a kind of partnership based on trust over a medium were everybody can hide and lie...

So here is the point, how to prove to an potential affiliate that you are what you say and that your product worth a try.

Finaly, as a merchant we are "selling" partnership, isn't it? Kind of : "Try to sell my product and you won't regret it..." or I am wrong?

I hope I understood your question correctly :)

I think there is always a hint of the lack of trust between affiliates and programs, mostly because it isn't based on thin air. So whenever there is an offer of 50% revenue share or $500 CPA, I personally suspect that there are tones of conditions that apply to such "generous" offer.

In my niche, for example, you will get high CPA only when the trader has reached a specific amount of trades. Sometimes he never even gets there and your lead goes waisted. The program literally doesn't pay anything...

What I am trying to say is that whenever you feel like you are being crewed, you tend to say "No, it is not worth to try" :)

Thanks, yanamk, you help me a lot.

What you say is the base of marketing, the right price. Like each product as a right price, each affiliate program as its right %.

I think I found the answer of my question, finaly as merchant you 'sell' a 'service' to potential affiliate, so, it is just marketing at start, and all 'the marketing weapons' can be used, the real trust will come later...

Finally affiliates, merchants and customers are just people, so the 'marketing triggers' that push to act should work.

banners
Back