The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Niche blog site help!

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
I ran into an issue. My sub-niche started off at gaining muscle, then it became two sub-niches: gaining muscle and losing fat. I'm working on a domain name that fits the combination. I know its always suggested to work on one and master it first before working on another. And I know the combination is a pretty broad and competitive niche.

Is It best for me to separate the two and just work on one for now for ex. gaining muscle and just create a domain for that, then create another domain name for losing fat later?:confused:

It seems like the two end up combining all the time when I write my content and it seems like in the long run I will need one site for both which has me a bit perturbed.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

typo

By the way

"I'm working on a domain name" sounds as if I have chosen one. To clear things up, I haven't chosen a domain name yet, just in case the previous post is misinterpreted.

Niche selection

Isn't that niche like flooded with competition, because its so broad? You know how it doesn't target a specific audience like woman, men, age group, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is flooded.

The way I read the question though, you were not saying "should I tackle this niche?".
Sounded like "I've already decided on these 2 niches, should I do them together or separately?"
So I was answering that question.

Those broad niches are too flooded - didn't expect that you'd be tackling those head on. But thought you'd do sub niches of those niches and focus on long tail more specific key phrases that aren't as competitive.

ran into a similar problem with a men's health blog. how did it go for you? I need to revive that blog soon, either to sell it or monetize with new programs, haven't seen conversions there for quite a long period of time.

$0 conversions

Hey there,

No I am getting no conversions. I'm not too discouraged though. I can kinda see why after a while. People are more or less visiting my site for all of the free advice and information. No one comes to buy. I have to rethink my strategy. Think like the visitor. I used to do the same thing they are doing. I would search all over for free info, not for items to purchase.

I wonder if the niche is more of an info niche

Affiliate link clicks

Hi Linda,

I don't really know how to tell how many clicks my affiliate links are getting. I haven't purchased a software to provide me with that information. I will check for a plug-in for now, or a free software for that.

That's a good question that I didn't think of. Any info would be a great help.

Thanks

Generally, if you are using a merchant that is with a network (CJ, SAS, Linksare, etc), they provide the tracking information for you.

Even if merchant is using an in-house tracking program - it SHOULD show you click tracking. If not then I'd question if the program is worth promoting and if they know what they are doing. All affiliate tracking shows # of clicks. If it doesn't it may be home made tracking and I would not trust it.

CB for a long time didn't provide click tracking but I've heard they do now. I don't use it so can't tell you where to look though.

banners
Back