The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

(Newbie) What is my network token?

krass

I used the search function and also google, but can't find answer to this seemingly simple question.

I plan to use:
Traffic source = popads
tracker = adsbridge
network = cpalead

But I can't find my network token to track conversions. Please help..

I'm really sorry to be posting this, but I am a total noob at using trackers. I've only been using Google Analytics my whole IM career and I'm just transitioning to paid traffic.

@tjtutor I clicked on the link you provided but I don't see where it says tracking token. Or maybe the real problem is I don't really know what a token is? I don't know. I don't know what I don't know, and this sucks.

To make it easier for people to help me out let me just tell you guys what i've been doing.

- in adsbridge, I created the traffic source, affiliate network, offer, and campaign.

traffic source:
uDXxJet.png

network:
r9LvuZK.png

offer:
W7XSp7n.png

So I'm not sure whether any of those settings are correct, but at least I know how to fill out
most of the fields.

Where I'm really stuck is the conversion tracking part. I'm supposed to attach a token so that
conversions can be tracked and I'm supposed to get the token from my aff network. I asked
cpalead and they don't even understand what token I'm asking for so maybe I'm asking the wrong
question.

This is the instructions in cpalead that I can make neither heads or tails of:
rRwJC48.png

I know this is basic stuff for you guys but it's starting to feel like rocket science to me..

Please help, I want to start my first campaign and learn the ropes asap but this is really confusing.
Thanks!

What platform does CPALead use? I tried emailing their support and this was
their reply:

"We don't use tokens exactly but a postback system. we provide some further documentation here wwwdotcpaleaddotcom/documentation/postback/indexdotphp , If I can get a bit more info on what exactly is requiring a "token" I could hopefully help further on getting you set up :)"

That's the same link @tjtutor linked to in the first reply to this thread. Please excuse my noob level, but I am really
having a hard time understanding this..

First of all, they have offered to give you some personal attention, tell them what they want to know and you may get the answers you seek.

In addition, all of the tokens are clearly identified in your original screenshots. They are labeled "token". You tokens are used to track specific information. Your postback URL is clearly identified.

You can add parameters to the postback URL that look something like this "&subid2=X" and the X value might be a unique identifier or the name of the app in which your ad was running when the click occurred that resulted in the conversion.

The postback URL is a tracking mechanism to get the data for reporting and analyzing the campaign performance. It is structured within URLs that are setup when creating marketing campaigns for any metric you wish to track. Site owners track sales, conversions, leads etc... You can place specific parameters within so that each time a particular event is triggered, it sends that information back to your tracker so you have the data to identify what is effective and ineffective in your campaigns.

Can anyone please explain to me what exactly a "token",
and a "postback" is? Are there any guides on this whole tracker thing? It's
really confusing lol.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hey, Jeremy. Thx for your question.

Tracking token What is a Tracking Token? : Support
Postback What is an S2S pixel? : Support

Here you may find other questions, you are interested in Support : Support

As well as we have youtube channel, where it explained in a matter of minutes.

In case you have more questions, contact me anytime.

banners
Back