banners
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Newbie On Affiliate Fix With $1k/day Goal In Mind

Discussion in 'Follow Alongs and Online Journeys' started by atc90211, Jul 27, 2016.

1. atc90211

atc90211 Affiliate affiliate

Hi all,
    I am a newbie here, and I have been doing affiliate marketing for almost two years. The first year I made so many mistakes that cost me a fortune. During my 2nd year, I met other affiliate marketers, and we've been working together for almost a year. I still have some loss, but it is getting smaller. My goal at the end of 1 year is to make $1000 profit a day and only work up to 30 hours a week.

Traffic sources:
    Zeropark
    Bing
    Google
    Go2Mobi
    50OnRed
    7 search
    Propelmedia

Affiliate Networks:
    Avazu
    VipResponse
    Aragon Publishing
    Clickbank
    Maxbounty
    Bizprofits

Trackers:
    Clickmagick
    Voluum

Hosting:
    Hostmonster
    AWS.amazon.com
    JvzooHost
    Namecheap

Intelligent tools:
    Longtail Pro
    Adplexity

I am going to put more information as I keep on updating this thread. Let's compete and help each other at the same time. ;)

2. cpalife
  3. azgold

azgold Super Moderator Super Mod moderator affiliate

@atc90211 - welcome to AFix and your first follow along journey!

You have lots of prep work done and an ambitious goal. Looking forward to following your progress.

Have you chosen a starting point (vertical, traffic source)?

4. atc90211

I am going to focus on leadgen using zeropark and e-commerce products using Bing.

azgold likes this.
  5. azgold

azgold Super Moderator Super Mod moderator affiliate

You can set up a follow along journey for each, if you want. That would allow members to offer you tips, suggestions and help as you go. We have a lot of very experienced marketers here.

I'm excited to watch you move towards your goal! :)

atc90211 likes this.
  6. atc90211

Thanks for the suggestion. I will setup a "follow-along-journey" note for each campaign.

azgold likes this.
  7. CodingSpartan

CodingSpartan Affiliate affiliate

I am excited to watch your success throughout this journey! Good luck!

atc90211 likes this.
  8. tourist

tourist Affiliate affiliate

9. EymardSiojo

EymardSiojo GRIND! affiliate

Try to focus on one thing, before proceeding with another.

christian a and azgold like this.
  10. atc90211

I have ADHD so it's very hard for me to focus on one thing at a time lol. But thanks for the advice and I will try my best not to over-extend myself.

11. atc90211

Thanks

12. comegetbravo

comegetbravo Affiliate affiliate

Don't set a goal for 1k/day, it's destructive, everything else will feel like nothing if you set the bar that high. You should aim for getting a profitable campaign first, even if it's only making you $1/day. Everybody see's the big guys making 5 figures per day and set their goal for that, there's been plenty of follow alongs here with eager people that want to make a million $, which later abandon affiliate marketing because they figure out that it's not just uploading a landing page, starting the campaign and watch the money grow, it's hard work - what is your advantage over everybody else?

As everybody else has pointed out here.

Don't get shiny object syndrome and start jumping around different verticals, different traffic source's, heck don't jump around with different trackers. Learn one vertical until you're the best in the world in that one, only then can you dismiss it as being "useless" or "dead" if you're not making money.

I hope you'll stick to it and make it work, if you got any questions feel free to quote me here, or PM me!

DoubleDouble likes this.
  13. comegetbravo

comegetbravo Affiliate affiliate

Also, $1000 per day, with 30 hours per week? Are you sure you didn't mean 30 hours per day? :D

Here's how much time it took for me, during a WEEK, to get my first profitable campaign.

[​IMG]

That's how much work it takes.

Just so you understand what you're getting yourself into!

atc90211 and game333 like this.
  14. game333

game333 Moderator moderator affiliate

Cheers!

@atc90211
    Great spirit you're having there bro, good luck.
    Should you be focusin on 1 traffic source instead of so many?

atc90211 likes this.
  15. atc90211

Thanks for the advice, Comegetbravo. I forgot to mention that my very short term goal is $5-10/day, but $1k is my ultimate aim one year from now. You are correct that I shouldn't jump to so many tracking platforms, so I am sticking with Voluum and Clickmagick. Based on my past mistakes, I shouldn't do too many campaigns without other affiliates' help until I've gained a better understanding. I am mainly focusing on Bing by myself, but I also have 1-2 lead gen campaigns where other experienced affiliates have been helping me.

16. atc90211

Lol
    I am heading towards 70 hr/week work currently, and soon I will be working above 100 hours in a week:(. I know that 30 hr/week work sounds unrealistic for now, but after I've gained more experiences and better knowledge in one year, then I will hire Virtual Assistants to help me so I can work less.

17. atc90211

Thanks, game 333. I am mainly focusing on Bing, but I need to learn one more traffic source such as Zeropark with the help of other affiliates. I am also interested in other traffic types such as Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, but I don't put my money on them until I've made enough profits from the other two traffic sources.

18. Dr. Forum

Dr. Forum Affiliate affiliate

I am gld that you have some goal se that you need to achieve. It is the only way that you can grow and also track the growth that you have achieved so far. I will say that now that you have worked with several networks for like two years, you need to note down the mistakes that you have been making over a period of time. Thereafter, you will be able to learn on how best to avoid the mistakes especially as you start a new journey. It is the best way to keep going.

atc90211 and azgold like this.

Top Resources

MI