The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie help - Splash pages

Buddha42

Hi, Im new to the forum so as well as saying hello and introducing myself I have a few basic questions id like some help answering. Basically im a student trying to earn a bit of extra income through affiliate marketing.

The areas im having problems with are web page design and building splash pages. Im a complete beginner and for what I want to do I will need to be able to make my own splash pages and possibly some basic websites along with possesing the tools/ programs to change and edit these day to day or week to week.

My question then is pretty much how would you suggest I begin learning this process and what programs if any would be useful in attempting this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Welcome, Michael!

That's a tall order, but I'll give you my best suggestion for what it seems you're after: XSitePro

For a beginning web designer (I'm a 10-year veteran and I love it!), XSitePro provides you all you need to get landing pages and full-blown web sites up, working awesomely and looking good.

I discovered it just recently myself and have fallen in love with it. I use it daily!

Tony ;)

Thanks for the quick reply, Ive checked out x site pro on your recommendation and it looks like a great tool. I have a possibly stupid question :p but if i wanted to get a pre existing sites html code from online would it be possible paste it into x site pro and edit it if for example I wanted to loosley mirror a pre existing page?

Michael

NO question is stupid; it's how we learn. ;)

I wouldn't think that would be an issue. I've never tried it. You may have to make some changes if you were to use a template, but shouldn't have to with a blank page.

Make sure you watch the video; it's an awesome intro to the product!

Tony

that makes sense, I think I will buy the product as it seems a lot more of a user friendly tool then some of the others Ive checked out. Thanks for the help :)

ok Larwee, thanks for the heads up. I will take make sure I familiarise myself with the rules :). Its a great idea to get the site reviewed and get some opinions as it will be my first site so I will follow that advice.

Buddha,

You may also want to look at a site builder called synthasite.com It is free and has a pretty good instructional video and simple interface. I know you want to build your own site, but keep in mind that many affiliate networks have sites already in the can that have never been promoted that they would be happy to give you to test. Of course you probably won't get any data capture that way, but it's a way to start and test a couple of sites to see what elements may work better on your own landing page when you start building your own.

Buddha, I've been through a few of the free site builders. If you don't have a hosting company yet, yahoo site builder is free if you sign up with yahoo hosting, plus they give you your first domain free. I use xsitepro as well as it is so easy, but I already had hosting and didn't want to change (I have several domains.)

But, yahoo site builder is the easiest drag and drop program I've seen. It's very user friendly.

The advantages of xsitepro go deep into adding affiliate programs, connecting with autoresponders, and several built in SEO tools as well.

Good luck,

Cheers to your success!

MI
Back