The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie Affiliates: Listenup! He's about to Kick you Where it Hurts

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Ruck over at the Convert2Media blog just made a great, heart-felt post I think all affiliates should read, even though it's aimed squarely at new affiliates who are just starting out. Ruck has had some major set-backs but is back in the saddle, fueled with more passion and good advice!

NEWBIES: MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ

<strong><a href="http://www.convert2media.com/blog/2010/06/09/staying-focused-starting-out/">Staying Focused Starting Out</a></strong>

<strong>Starting affiliates, listen up because I’m about to kick you where it hurts most.</strong> I assure you that you wont read what you are going to read here today anywhere else. Quite frankly, over the last few years, I’ve had to develop a REALLY thick skin and now it’s your turn. Lucky for you, I’m not some hired gun here to make a blog post about **** I know nothing about. Ohhh no, I’ve been there. I made my living THE EXACT SAME WAY you are probably trying to make yours now. I hustled in any way I could, I did whatever it took but most importantly I gave the finger to everyone who told me it couldnt be done.

This is SOOOOO true and some of the best advice you can get when starting out. It's so easy to loose focus on the net, get scattered and try a bunch of different things. Can you relate?

What do you think???

While researching I find myself lost very frequently. Data mining I also find mind numbing but very effective. I guess when it comes right down to it I look for distractions subconsciously.

I wont get anything completed with email, rss, chat apps, etc open. And it is my biggest road block.

The best thing I ever did for myself was unsubscribe from every list I was on. Every day my inbox would fill with advice about how to make money online, offers of ebooks, videos, and multi-thousand dollar private coaching programs, all designed to turn me into an Internet marketer. And every day I would discover "the answer" I had been searching for. But instead of being the answer, it was really just another distraction.

It took me a year to figure out that I'd never get where I was going if I kept changing direction. I'm still not there, but I am a whole lot closer!

I'd have to agree, I've been doing online marketing for years now, and up to now, I am still not quite strong at focusing on one project at a time. I believed that's my weak point and is a big factor that prevent me from accomplish any goals that I set.

agree...agree ^_^
it is very difficult to focus.
the best investment in IM is not the money but the time to practice one thing that we focus on.

banners
Back