The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Year's resolutions and wishes for 2008

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
I started a New Year's resolutions and wishes thread last year so I am starting one again this year.

My resolutions are almost the same every year. I am usually able to keep most of them for the whole year. There are one or two which I have a little trouble keeping.

My wishes don't come true because I wish for things that are almost impossible, but it would be fantastic if they would all happen.

Here are my resolutions and wishes for 2008.

RESOLUTIONS

1. Continue to be as helpful as possible to 5 Star and 5 Star members.

2. Never forget those who are less fortunate and do what I can to help them.

3. Lose a little extra weight.

4. Be as nice as possible to others and always try to help other people who need it.

5. Remember the importance of family and friends.

6. Come up with as many new ideas as possible and put them to use.

WISHES

1. Every person in the world will treat everyone else with respect.

2. Become a multi-billionaire.

3. No more acts of terrorism.

4. Permanent world peace.

How about you? What are your New Year's resolutions and wishes for 2008?

Those are all good ones Larry.

I have a brand new resolution due to a wonderful Christmas present I got from a special family friend. I have not had a hobby for years. I always wish I could find something I liked to do besides work, so I could get a little balance in my life and use some different parts of my brain. I'm very creative and musically inclined, but just haven't done anything on that level for the past 20 years.

They gave me an electronic keyboard - I mean a BIG nice one, with a synthesizer, built-in background music and rhythms. They even gave me head phones so I can hear myself play - but no one else can - so I don't have to feel self conscious about anyone else hearing my mistakes as I get back into the swing of playing. I've always wanted one but would just never have bought one for myself. I just set it up and played for a couple hours. It's an amazing machine and I think I can get hooked on this!

So one of my resolutions will be to get away from the computer and play
my keyboard at least a couple times a week.

Like most other people I also want to lose weight and start working out.

What about everyone else?

The hobby resolution is a good one. I've also become quite a workaholic since I've started working from home.

My other resolutions are:
  • Stay healthy and get plenty of walks to keep my tummy happy.
  • Spend lots of time with my son and the rest of my family.
  • Build my business to the goals that I've set.

I hope everyone has a happy New Year.

Sheree

Happy New Year to everyone! I will say it now as I will be offline enjoying the winter activities.

My resolution for 2008

Keep enjoying life :)

Don't forget to eat 12 grapes, throw 12 pennies over your shoulder and say 12 wishes for 2008!

Forgot to add, Linda with the music you are playing you should record it and play it in the background of 5 star.

Is Discipline your biggest problem?

My biggest goal for this new year is to get more organized and disciplined. I work a lot, but my hours are the weirdest hours any possible human being can have. Picture this, One day you work straight from 10AM - 4AM next morning. Next day, you sleep from 4AM- 3PM. Next day - you work from 6PM until 5AM. Then, again wake up at 11AM, and work from noon until 3AM.

Don't get me wrong, I don't work all these hours. A major part of these hours are my "staying up" hours too. I do things in between. But, the biggest problem that has arised due to such erratic schedule is that I don't go out anymore. When friends say that lets go out for a movie - I am like naah - I have to work. Only if I had a proper schedule, I would be able to enjoy these little things in life.

So, from new years. I am finally going to use my T-Mobile Starbucks subscription that I have not used for the past 4 months and be at the coffee shop at least every other day. Wake up on time, and try and work like normal people. Because, often due to erratic hours you suffer from guilt of having not worked enough - thus constantly worried about your work.

Affiliate Marketing is great. I am what I am because of this business. But, it does come with drawbacks like these.

P.S - Does any one else suffer from this drawback?

Hi Jamie,

"Don't forget to eat 12 grapes, throw 12 pennies over your shoulder and say 12 wishes for 2008!" Never heard of that. Must be one of those Canadian customs??? :)

"Linda with the music you are playing you should record it and play it in the background of 5 star."
I don't think my music qualifies for a 5 Star rating yet. :p

Ayush,

I think some of the time issues you mention are probably pretty common. It's also really hard to find balance but it sounds like that's something you are going to try to work on too.

"Don't forget to eat 12 grapes, throw 12 pennies over your shoulder and say 12 wishes for 2008!" Never heard of that. Must be one of those Canadian customs???

Me neither. And....I don't have any grapes in the house.:( Would drinking some wine count as grapes?? lol have that in the house, but no grapes.

Jamie's resolution: "My resolution for 2008 Keep enjoying life"

Ahhhhh...to be young again lol Just teasing:) That's a very good resolution to make.

That sounds great Linda.....you'll definitely have to record something to let us hear it.:)

"get more organized and disciplined."

That's a good one. I'm probably an organized bordering on obsessive organized lol except I think when it comes to this stuff. lol :) So, that's a good one to try to achieve. I hate making resolutions tho cos then ya feel so bad when ya fail at em. lol :) I kinda just try to take an attitude that in general I'll just try to be better. lol No specifics.....then maybe I don't set myself up to fail at it. lol :) So....think once again I'm just gonna try to think in generalities (uhh not sure that's a word) I'm gonna behave myself more, be more disciplined in what I do:p

Larwee - now see.....I don't doubt for a second you won't meet every single one of your resolutions without even having to try. You already do all of em now.:) Those are very good resolutions and would be nice if everybody had them.

Would definitely like to see your wishes come true.:)

To everybody here.....hope you all have a very safe new year's eve...and great health, much happiness and all the other good stuff in the coming year.:)

Linda, I ate my 12 grapes in 12 sec and threw 12 pennies over my shoulder in the freezing cold. The tradition is Venezuelan!

For encouragement Linda, I can play the Jaws theme song on the piano :p

PB I heard rumours that you were Dancing the night away for New Eve :)

HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!

newyears res?

Howdee from the new guy.Hope everyone had a great start for o8.
So far I haven't killed the kid,dropped the weight,run over the cat,lost the keys to the house or the car and the wallet (not much of a lost there) burned down the workshop,shock my self on the coffee pot or fallen of the roof taken down the holiday lights.How ever came close to dropping the knife in the toaster.
So as long as I sit here and don't touch any thing I'm safe?The only problem to that,is I have to use the outhouse.:confused:

Have a great new year.
WINGNUTZZ.

We have only been in 08 for 7 days and you have done that much already. This will be a busy year for you.

Not a resolution but I have some PLANS, to get through it I have to work very hard. Planning to launch 1 social Bookmarking websites, 1 hosting websites and 1 auction sites.
That is one PLAN ai?... well I am working on it now! I will let you know when I am finish...

Thanks for letting me share.

Cheers

banners
Back