The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

New websites, how many keywords do you target?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So when i create new projects i often only pick out 2-3 keywords I will strongly target after keyword research.

I find it's alot more effective than picking 5-10.

You guys?

I take only one keyword which I call the main-keyword. (If possible, I set up only minisites, but that depends on the competition.)

The problem is, one has bad cards at Google with a minisite with only one article on it.

So to the main-article (optimized for the main-keyword) I add two further sub-articles (one can call them also blog-articles, although it is more a website than a real blog). At higher competition niches there must be added accordingly more sub-articles.

For these sub-articles I take a suggest-keyword (others call these the longtailed keywords) and a LSI-keyword (the ones at the bottom of the Google page - maybe in English it is called something like "related search terms").

For each of these two keywords which surround the main-keyword I write an article each (= a sub-article to the main-page) with the suggest- or the LSI-keyword in the title, and also all the sub-article optimized for the suggest- respectively the LSI-keyword.

The advantage of this system is that I have two or more articles which are optimized for keywords which surround the main-keyword respectively they contain the main-keyword within them. In this way the sub-articles help to strengthen the main-keyword.
(I hope, I explained that halfway understandable with my Genglish :rolleyes:)

Maybe it´s better to understand with the Affiliate Marketing - Experiment - "research thread":

Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing School
Affiliate Marketing network
Affiliate Marketing Agency
Affiliate Marketing Program
[FONT=&quot]
→ [/FONT]Affiliate Marketing would be the main-keyword, and the others are taken from the suggest- or LSI-keywords
The advantage of an sub-article optimized e.g. for "Affiliate Marketing Agency" is: This suggest-keyword already contains three keywords: Affiliate - Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate Marketing Agency, and therefore the sub-article also can rank for each of these three keywords solely - if it would be an easy niche with low competition.

For a more difficult keyword or niche you need only to add more sub-articles, optimized for further suggest- or LSI-keywords. In that way a website is perfectly optimized for one main-keyword, but also can contain and cover many other (maybe 10, 20 or more) suggest- and LSI-keywords which surround the main-keyword.[FONT=&quot]
→[/FONT] and for Google it will be a very relevant website

Sorry for the long post ... :rolleyes: Cheers!!

[Btw, I hope there wil be an effect noticeable by the internal link to the Affiliate Marketing - Experiment - "research thread".]

I use 3 keywords. Like Marc stated, I target one main keyword and the rest two are like my backups that support my main keyword.

banners
Back