monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New websites, how many keywords do you target?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by K, Jan 10, 2013.

1. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

So when i create new projects i often only pick out 2-3 keywords I will strongly target after keyword research.

I find it's alot more effective than picking 5-10.

You guys?

2. monetizer
  3. xapuc

xapuc Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

Yup! Minisites still work! :)

4. Andy Haskins

Andy Haskins Affiliate affiliate

Yep I think 2-3 is the way forward

5. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

I take only one keyword which I call the main-keyword. (If possible, I set up only minisites, but that depends on the competition.)

The problem is, one has bad cards at Google with a minisite with only one article on it.

So to the main-article (optimized for the main-keyword) I add two further sub-articles (one can call them also blog-articles, although it is more a website than a real blog). At higher competition niches there must be added accordingly more sub-articles.

For these sub-articles I take a suggest-keyword (others call these the longtailed keywords) and a LSI-keyword (the ones at the bottom of the Google page - maybe in English it is called something like "related search terms").

For each of these two keywords which surround the main-keyword I write an article each (= a sub-article to the main-page) with the suggest- or the LSI-keyword in the title, and also all the sub-article optimized for the suggest- respectively the LSI-keyword.

The advantage of this system is that I have two or more articles which are optimized for keywords which surround the main-keyword respectively they contain the main-keyword within them. In this way the sub-articles help to strengthen the main-keyword.
    (I hope, I explained that halfway understandable with my Genglish :rolleyes:)

Maybe it´s better to understand with the Affiliate Marketing - Experiment - "research thread":

Affiliate Marketing
    Affiliate Marketing School
    Affiliate Marketing network
    Affiliate Marketing Agency
    Affiliate Marketing Program
    [FONT=&quot]
    → [/FONT]Affiliate Marketing would be the main-keyword, and the others are taken from the suggest- or LSI-keywords
    The advantage of an sub-article optimized e.g. for "Affiliate Marketing Agency" is: This suggest-keyword already contains three keywords: Affiliate - Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate Marketing Agency, and therefore the sub-article also can rank for each of these three keywords solely - if it would be an easy niche with low competition.

For a more difficult keyword or niche you need only to add more sub-articles, optimized for further suggest- or LSI-keywords. In that way a website is perfectly optimized for one main-keyword, but also can contain and cover many other (maybe 10, 20 or more) suggest- and LSI-keywords which surround the main-keyword.[FONT=&quot]
    →[/FONT] and for Google it will be a very relevant website

Sorry for the long post ... :rolleyes: Cheers!!

[Btw, I hope there wil be an effect noticeable by the internal link to the Affiliate Marketing - Experiment - "research thread".]

6. dollarlocker

dollarlocker Affiliate affiliate

I use 3 keywords. Like Marc stated, I target one main keyword and the rest two are like my backups that support my main keyword.

7. Kasun0777

Kasun0777 Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

I think 1 main keyword and other sub 2 keywords

Featured Resources (View All)

MI