The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to affiliate marketing need help!

wuduyathink

Hey guys, I am really new to affiliate marketing so I am stile not exactly sure what affiliate marketing is. :confused: If any of you can explain it to me in a couple words, or a bit more. The more the better ofcorse!!! ;) I will really appreciate it guys! thanks!

I just commented on your other thread, and I guess my question is answered here! :) Generally, in affiliate marketing, you become an affiliate (basically a salesperson) for an online merchant and promote their products on your site. When someone buys from the merchant using your link, you get a commission. Pretty simple concept. Not as easy to execute, but it's not really hard, either, just takes some effort.

Do you have a subject you'd be interested in building a site about?

Hey! If you go back one page from this thread there are a few posts at the top called stickies. There is one there Learn basics of affiliate marketing...

Thats a great place to start.

Pete

I just commented on your other thread, and I guess my question is answered here! :) Generally, in affiliate marketing, you become an affiliate (basically a salesperson) for an online merchant and promote their products on your site. When someone buys from the merchant using your link, you get a commission. Pretty simple concept. Not as easy to execute, but it's not really hard, either, just takes some effort.

Do you have a subject you'd be interested in building a site about?

Presently, I am not going to be able to make a great site because I think I stile have a lot to learn. But I want to start somewhere so do you have any ideas on what I can do on a lower level?

Thanks for taking you time on helping me, I really appreciate it! :) I also answered the other thread :p

Hi Wuduyathink,

That's correct that you have to learn a lot. I suggest some easier solutions. Register a good niche blog in wordpress / blogger which is related to your interest / hobby / knowledge.

Second step is search in Google that which are the top k/ws in that niche area. You can use Google Adwords k/w suggestion tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal.

Then buy a domain with some good k/ws. Let me give you an example. Suppose you have knowledge about Voice over IP phone and hardware. Go to Google and try to find what people are searching. You will find many keywords. Suppose your find a keyword "voip phone reviews" and check if a domain with that name is available or not.

If it is available then register it and point to your blog.

Now write good contents related to that niche, review phones etc. Submit your website URL in Google, Yahoo, Bing.

Look around for some good merchants who can offer you affiliation. Join them and start promoting your blog site in relevant places etc.

I hope you may have get answers of few of your questions.

Good advice there from 'yogi1981'. Another thing i would say is don't sign up for Google ad words but rather focus all your efforts on promoting your product. For example if you were promoting an Xbox Repair Kit, write content about how it can help them or specific industry news or statistics. This will mean that you are putting the thought of them buying the product in the back of their mind. You can maybe refer them at the bottom of the post as well.
Since your new a good place to start out may be click bank as it's simple enough to implement and understand, its also widely used so people can offer you advice.
Another word of advice is if you have a good site in a good niche, direct them to your page not your product as they will be much more likely to buy if they regularly visit your site or remember it from another occasion.
Good Luck.

Sorry I didn't come back to this thread sooner! I must have missed the e-mail notification. But it sounds like you got some good advice. If you have specific questions about the various things mentioned above, let us know!

I read everything, yogi,ted and laura thanks a lot! That helped a lot, I have created my own blog so far and will be updating it daily. :D Soon il try to find some merchants and get on my way. thanks again if I have any problems or questions il ask :)

Backlinks, aka incoming links, are simply links from pages on other websites that point to specific pages on your site.

Affiliate marketing is the business of selling other peoples product. With the growth of the web, more and more people are promoting their affiliate business online. Affiliate company pays on commission and this kind of business requires skills.

You need a site if you really want to make the most out of your business if you can't get one now, you can create a free blog or make use of any of the web 2.0 sites.

You should spend most of your time promoting your site.

Goodluck,

John Benjamin

banners
Back