The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New site - trying to get a sponsor - advice needed!

mrchuckles

affiliate
Hi,

I am new to this forum but I have created a new site and I'm on the look out for some help and advice - all help/advice is very appreciated!

My site is call LFC-Predictions. If you pop .co.uk onto the end of the name you can see the site (I can't post links yet!)

It is a football (or soccer) predictions site. That I've coded from scratch myself in PHP/MySql code - my coding of choice!

I've set it up really for fun but I want some money involvement(!). Basically the site is free to sign up to and use but I want there to be a paid element whereby people can win manager of the month cash prizes and manager of the year cash prizes.

I've started the site going by offering users the chance to "upgrade" their account for only £5 so they can then be eligible for the cash prizes. I've had some interest but not enough to fund the handsome cash prizes I have on offer.

I have over 200 active users on the site but not enough have upgraded their account. I receive around 200-300 page impressions a day and I'm trying to find ways to fund the site.

I was thinking sponsorship...does anyone have any advice on how I get someone to sponsor the site? I would only need them to offer up about £200 for the season - then people would not need to pay the upgrade fee and everyone would be in with the chance to win cash prizes for free - I'm sure this too would get more people to site.

I can't think of any other ways of raising the money. Maybe I should run at a loss this season and then hope to build up a following and gain a sponsor next year?

Hope someone can give me some good advice.

Thanks for listening!

Nick

banners
Back