The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

New domain name extension .asia

temi

affiliate
I got a message from one of the domain name registrar I use announcing landrush for a new domain name extension called .asia,

Here is some of the marketing bumf

With 3 Asian countries ranking amongst the top 5 Countries in terms of Internet Usage, and Asian Internet users growing by almost 350% every year, Asia is surely heading towards being the Mecca of the Internet Industry very soon; placing .ASIA as the most valuable gTLD available today.

If you are to register .asia speculatively, what domain name will be worth registering?

Yes, those are nice generic names, who ever got those name should be able to make some money off it :)

i think that you have to be from asia countries in order to register a .asia domain,or at least for preregister a .asia domain.Anyone can define wich of 2 is a fact?

I don`t have the answer to that. On the subject of domain names, I`m surprised I haven`t seen too many .eu domains around though.

People are obsessed with .com (yours truly included), will rather register a hyphenated .com or .co.uk than a .eu

The price may also be a factor... I wanted to register some international domains but paying more than triple price over .com/.net stopped me from doing it...

If I find some niche that I am almost guaranteed to make money on it - I may go for one of these high priced international TLD's...

scoobby, a few registrars are offering a local presence service which should let non-Asia residents register .asia names by providing a local Asia contact. Usually this involves an additional fee of $5-$20/year. This type of service appears to work much as domain privacy services do, so its best to trust the company you will be dealing with (since they will technically have control over the name)

Here is a article which explains how non Asia-residents can satisfy the .ASIA Charter Eligibility Requirement . Oops. Can't include links yet. You can find it by Googling ".asia domain landrush".

scoobby, a few registrars are offering a local presence service which should let non-Asia residents register .asia names by providing a local Asia contact. Usually this involves an additional fee of $5-$20/year. This type of service appears to work much as domain privacy services do, so its best to trust the company you will be dealing with (since they will technically have control over the name)

Here is a article which explains how non Asia-residents can satisfy the .ASIA Charter Eligibility Requirement . Oops. Can't include links yet. You can find it by Googling ".asia domain landrush".

Thanks for this detailed info, I will see if I can grab one or two .asia domains :)

.asia in ASCII = waste of time and money...Besides right now is only the landrush.you pay your $19.99 godaddy fee and that won't be refunded if the name goes into auction. Right now everyone is picking their names and in a few weeks if there is more than 1 bid for the name it goes into auction..Now you get to spend more money and if you choose not too, you don't get your $19.99 back...Personally I won't be wasting my time with .asia

.asia in ASCII = waste of time and money...Besides right now is only the landrush.you pay your $19.99 godaddy fee and that won't be refunded if the name goes into auction. Right now everyone is picking their names and in a few weeks if there is more than 1 bid for the name it goes into auction..Now you get to spend more money and if you choose not too, you don't get your $19.99 back...Personally I won't be wasting my time with .asia

What until the 12th of March when you'll be able to buy .asia domains without the risk of them going to auction.

banners
Back