The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New affiliate program owner looking for ways to get more affiliates

widgetquik

Hello group,

I am brand new to this forum. I basically searched google for affiliate programs and was looking for directories and advertising to get my program noticed and this looked like a good place to start.

I was wondering if any other Merchants out there would be willing to share some techniques and tips on how to successfully market their programs and gain more affiliates.

I have been able to get about 4500 people to join my program but have made far fewer sales. I know it could be the product but lets assume that is great and I just haven't been able to get exposure, so what should I do?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I moved your post out of the affiliate forum, into the merchant/affiliate manager forum.

There are lots of posts here in this section of the forum about affiliate recruiting and how to grow a successful affiliate program.

4500 affiliates is great though. What methods have you used to attract affiliates so far?

Mark,

4500 affiliates and few sales would concern me as well. At that volume of affiliates I would expect several sales a day.

Frankly, if you have recruited that many affiliates from your site you have done well. When I visited your affiliate page, I was unsure of how one signs up for your affiliate program. You have the same Join Now link there that you have for visitors on your home page to try your program. Just my quick FYI after looking at your site.

If you are looking for some serious affiliates, you might want to consider joining an affiliate network that already has a pool of affiliates.

Adding more affiliates

Adding more affiliates to your affiliate merchant program may not get you any more sales but adding good affiliates who cater to your audience and have a history of driving traffic will.
Search the network you belong and search the web for affiliate companies selling products/service to your demographics.

Mike Gunn
ProfitRank

I would only add that I've been in your shoes and it takes time and patience. Of the 4500 affiliates, how many are producing at all? I suspect the old 95/5 rule would apply and that 5% of your affiliates are driving 95% of your sales. I think all here would agree that that is pretty common.

Experienced affiliates will want to know any metrics that are available, such as approx. conversion rates, keywords, terms & conditions (can they bid on your brand name?) Are you with a network? How do they get paid? You compete with thousands of affiliate programs that give them this type of information at a glance.

But, 4500 is a good number to work with, so maybe a campaign to get some of those folks kick-started would be a good idea.

Hope any of this helps.

Pam White
former Affiliate Manager

banners
Back