The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win
This is so smart (and so simple ..)
  • Google Search --> 'best wordpress hosting multiple sites'
  • 1st organic result is featured snippet from Neil Patel
  • The Best WordPress Hosting You Should Consider Using in 2021
  • 1st paragraph reads "Do you want to skip the read and get right to my top pick? The best WordPress website host for most people is Bluehost" (Word "Bluehost" is affiliate text link)
  • Landing page --> Bluehost Wordpress hosting plans with CTA buttons
  • Bluehost affiliate program page says "Over $5 Million Paid in Commissions Last Year Alone" and "Simply promote Bluehost on your website with custom banners and links. For every visitor who clicks through these links and signs up, you will receive $65"
  • What's 10 worldwide hosting sign-ups a day worth in commission? $650 ($237,250/year)

I wouldn't overestimate the traffic that will sign-up for web hosting.
Have you ever seen what GoogleAds charges for the key word 'web host' :D
So, if you are trying for SEO;
web host - Google Search
in US geo there are 3 ads at the top and 3 ads at the bottom
web hosting - Google Search
4 ads top 3 ads bottom
Unless you are a hosting company --page one is not possible (in the US GEO anyway)
For that matter it is a b2b thing -- not b2c

I saw this and have been preaching this for years. He has a few older videos on this topic as well. TEST EVERYTHING!

I remember, and I'll try to find it, Kelly Felix (Bring the Fresh), did a piece on this many years ago. He had a site that he had for many years for medical lead gen. He ran splits on the site and demonstrated how a change in just the very faint background color reduced bounces by more than half and consequently increased click throughs and conversions.

He did another test on colors based on geo. It was a test on using the colors from the countries flags and had some interesting results. Some made no difference, but many of the tier 1 countries did give an increase in performance.

You just don't know until you try!

TEST EVERYTHING!

Hi everyone. Sorry to interrupt you, but I'm really curious if I'm the only one who noticed that..
I'll start with saying that Neil is an undisputed marketing guru and I've learned a lot of stuff from his content.

But, recently I've started to notice that his website is slowly turning into disaster.. I've made a few screenshots to demonstrate what I'm saying:
1. 1st screen after clicking Neil's link form google serp
agCSAXH.jpeg

I see 3 elements that can increase the probability of my bounce instantly: push request, full-page (!) popup, and cookies. I agree that cookies is a mandatory thingy, but I hope you'll agree that it is possible to do somethings better about them. Ok, I'm not bouncing and I press "X" to see the content.

2. Screen after "X"
w9RNezt.jpg

8(!) elements there. And after closing some of them, new ones continue to appear. It is even difficult to say which one is a real CTA. Some of messages are just the same (Catfish banner and Full banner)
Moreover, the in-page push opens up full page pops from previous screen.

Link to the page if you'd like to see it: 101 Conversion Tips To Help Improve Your Website
(The article's subject looks like sarcasm a bit :) )

So, guys, help me to understand it. Is it a whole new level of UX understanding and this is what awaits all of us and Neil's still genius?
- or - Sometimes trying to squeeze out maximum conversions leads to poor UX and user affection?

If you ask me - I'm feeling anxious when I see this amount of marketing elements. Despite the diamonds that I probably can find in the content, I'd rather close the page and go read something else.
I hope there are no hard feelings..
I really didn't want to upset someone.
Sorry if I were rude with some of my words.

Have a wonderful day! Peace ;)

Video: 5 things that will change for content marketers in 2022
  1. D2C
  2. Voice Search
  3. Live Content
  4. End of Browser Cookies
  5. More Competition in Niches

Always liked to hear his advice, I know some people don't like him and think he is exaggerating, but I really find the data from his blog tutorials and videos very valuable. Nice to have it here all at once, with additional comments from other members, a great way of sharing the knowledge. :)

So I just thought this was
--> an interesting video
regardless I think Patel is a genius
its the question I like
can you be an affiliate just on your phone?

MI
Back