The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

negative keywords

fusionetics

Hello can anyone help ,im just starting out and im realiseing how important negative keyword list is,when starting a new campaign as an affiliate and not sure if its going to be profitable how long do you spend on negative keywords?
Do you add them at campaign level or ad group level?

Can someone give me a step by step procedure of how they do it my mind has gone blank on this one ,thanks everyone.:)

Well, what I do is, using the keyword tool, I'll put in my main keyword phrase and then look through ALL the suggested keywords and phrases. From those I usually get a good chunk of negative keywords because it will show results for your phrase that may not apply to your product.

For example, let's say I'm selling a weight loss supplement. I would put that phrase into the keyword tool. Looking through all the examples I would see words like "prescription", "hoodia", "Thermogenic" etc. My product was not a prescription nor was it hoodia nor was it thermogenic, etc., so I would use those for my negative keywords so as not to get people who may be searching for them.

Just Google "Google Adwords Keyword Tool" and give a phrase a try and see what I mean - hope I explained this well enough. (And good luck!)

My thought is after you get a bunch of adgroups going you could have different negatives. What I do (and I'm no expert) is I have my standard group of negatives I just copy and paste to the KW section of each adgroup so then if I want to change negatives just for one group I can.

I find that negative keywords don't convert well- but are good for informational traffic. Or where you can use cross promotion on a company that would target that negative keyword as a positive keyword. If that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

MI
Back