The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Needing to vent

jomeg9498

affiliate
I love talking in these forums cause though it's among friends (sort of speak) no one really knows me. But this is a group of people I can vent about this too cause you all know where I'm coming from. So here goes.

I am currently working a full time job as a secretary. I make good money (frankly any job is good money, how much you have of it is the question), and I am very grateful I have a job especially in this economy. But I have to say that my heart and mind are not in my job. I literally DREAD getting up every morning and going to work every day. There is nothing wrong with my job (some of the people are idiots) but I can't do nothing about that. But I truly do not want to work outside the home anymore. I want to be home with my family making money at home (at least my current income or more). I honestly try to figure out ways to stay at home from work because I don't want to go in.

I have been trying for years to find that one perfect opportunity to make money online. I believe I've found my area of online money making to be affiliate, and I know what I need to do to get started but I'm stuck. I know I can make the money, I just need a push to get going. I have invested in a program that I feel confident that will work for me because though I've been in this business for 5 years, I still consider myself a newbie because when I got confused I gave up and then I started over. So now I'm determined to learn this program and I've read through it and it seems pretty easy but I can't seem to get myself to get started on it. Why is that? Am I alone out there? Can anyone offer advice or share a story of their struggle getting started in affiliate marketing and the outcome of success if there is one? Thanks for listening and sharing.
Susanna

I know how you feel. It's really hard from the start but once you know the secret in this business I know you can be successful because you are doing what you like.

A lot of times I find myself stalling when I need to accomplish something new. It may be something I really want to do, and I might truly believe it will benefit me, but for some reason I can't get going.

I've come to the decision that it's just plain fear. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of something new, fear of disappointment - who knows, could be lots of things. But I think we all have fears that we don't even realize are lurking in our subconscious. We have to recognize that fact and then form a plan to deal with it.

Think: What's the worst that could happen? What's the best that could happen? What is realistically likely to happen? Is that scenario good enough for me?

A lot of times I find myself stalling when I need to accomplish something new. It may be something I really want to do, and I might truly believe it will benefit me, but for some reason I can't get going.

I've come to the decision that it's just plain fear. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of something new, fear of disappointment - who knows, could be lots of things. But I think we all have fears that we don't even realize are lurking in our subconscious. We have to recognize that fact and then form a plan to deal with it.

Think: What's the worst that could happen? What's the best that could happen? What is realistically likely to happen? Is that scenario good enough for me?

OMG! you are so right! You hit the nail on the head, as they say. Like I said before I've been trying to find that perfect online goldmine and have not done well. Why haven't I done well? Because I failed at them. So you are totally right. I have a fear of failure. And I shouldn't because like you said, "What's the worst that could happen and what's the best that could happen?" It's like I know in the back of my mind that I know this will work, but I'm afraid of it. Why would I be afraid that it will work. I should want that right? So I need to motivate myself to get going and make this work. Thanks

It's like I know in the back of my mind that I know this will work, but I'm afraid of it.
Exactly! For some reason, logic doesn't always win out. But understanding the problem is the first step.

Laura really made some good points. Usually it's some kind of fear. Fear of failure is the most common and obvious but also sometimes it's the fear of change, fear of the unknown or even fear of success.

Analysis paralysis is also very common when starting out. For some affiliates perfectionism is part of it. They feel like they have to know everything, have it all planned out just right before they can even make a move to get started.

Yet the best teacher in this business is experience, trial and error.

So holler when you have questions and are ready to get going and we'll try to help.

you know what? Now that I'm here at work, I think I just hate my job along with not wanting to work outside the home. I find my self looking at everybody here, especially most of the higher ups like they are idiots. That should motivate me even more to make this affiliate marketing work. So how do I overcome my fear of failure?

you know what? Now that I'm here at work, I think I just hate my job along with not wanting to work outside the home. I find my self looking at everybody here, especially most of the higher ups like they are idiots. That should motivate me even more to make this affiliate marketing work. So how do I overcome my fear of failure?

I have overcame my fear of failure by determination. I have been in the constuction business for 15 years and had wanted to start my own business, but was affraid to fail. (I live in the northern half of the United States and construction is sometimes limited to the seasons among other inclement weather). But I was determined to have my own business, so I tried. To be honest I tried several times, and I learned more each time. And now that I am writing this, it all has paid off. I am here in my home while my constuction crews are out making me money. Now I have the time to spend with my family and work on side projects like AM.

That is why I used determination to over come my fear of failure, to do what I wanted. No one else is going to do it for you. Only you have the power to make your life what you want it to be. The fact that I have failed is also the reason that I succeeded.

I couldn't agree more with what you saying. All i can say is, failure is never an option. It's a fact that you are trying your best and all which is good. But being who you are accomplishing things are a lot more better. Life is living it. Living it is making the most out of it. And making the most out if it is doing good. So enjoy. :)

MI
Back