The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Need some good advice

Asiangirl

affiliate
I read a lot about marketing and affiliates.
Can be confusing.
I have not narrowed my niche yet.
What is hot now on the market?

5 years ago, one of my co-worker was into adult programs. He was making 10k a month.
After a while, it slowed down big time.

Are adult affiliates still okay? or what else? Pills? creams?
I am really not into selling programs that tell you how to make money.

What would you start?

Start with what you are interested in.. you can't just jump into adult, "pills" etc and expect to clean up. They are tough and competitive and in my opinion, too spammy.

A newbie can face difficulties in selling hot product due to stiff competition. I will advice you to find out a less competitive niche. For example selling herbal products is less competitive than selling health related products. You can step into competitive market of hot products after having some experience.:)

Don't worry about what is "hot" right now. That is a huge mistake that many people make.

The best thing to do is to brainstorm things that you know something about. You want to be able to build a site that has useful content if you want visitors. Don't worry about marketing to everyone. Laser target a niche that you can really sink your teeth into.

If you're not interested in your topic, you'll end up getting bored and giving up before you get anywhere.

Sheree

Great advice from everyone and that's the same thing I try to teach newbies.
In fact when I read Sheree's post, I could have sworn I wrote it! :p

You'll find lots of great niche finding tips, tools and strategies in our niche marketing forum.

Asian, it is better if you start with something that you love or you are good at.

You have to help people and demonstrate that you deliver high quality products. People buy from those that they trust and believe in.

This is not a making money business it is a helping people business.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

What sort of areas are you interested in? Is it fashion, health, food, education...?
Not to sound like a broken record here, Asian, but everyone else is right. Work in verticals that are interesting to you and find a niche for the type of audience you would like to cater to.
I also agree with Longroad in that the "adult" and "pill" direction is too saturated and spammy. Stay away from that stuff!

Hi Asian,

What I like to do to find my Niches is to think about current "events" and maybe try and promote a product that ties in with that event. I'll give you an example.

We have just been through Xmas and New Year, a time when people seem to indulge in all sorts of naughties. So after this period of time I thought I might try to promote products that will help people lose weight after the festive season. Looking at some of the keywords I work with with, they are far more easier to push rather than the regular "weight loss", "diet" etc.

Hope that helps

banners
Back