The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need advices for mobile pop!

Ana Vizir

affiliate
Hello.
My name is Ana and today a launched my first campaign. I read a lot about affiliate marketing and felt like it is time to start.
I chose a sweepstakes offer for DE and used as tracker Voluum.
For traffic sources i used ZeroPark and Pop Ads.
I spent 20 $ for each traffic source.
The results are:
ZeroPark- visits- 17862, click- 11, conversions- 0
Pop ads- visits 3071, clicks-2, conversions 0.
Can someone tell me what i did wrong?
I just expected a lot more clicks at list for such amount of visits.
Is this normal?

Hey Ana in the world of media buying the first situation is setting up a very low test. There is no possible way $20 on any source could engage into the data deep enough for you to see success. Keep in mind the time it was set? did the traffic spend the full day or cap out before you could even get any data.

In the world of media buying especially for your campaigns, you need to ensure you do set up correctly to get as much data before prematurely optimizing.

Gunggo works directly with over 6000+ sources of traffic, specializing in multiple full page formats, banner, video etc we do not set up any $20 tests as we know there is no way you are seeing success which is just a set up for a failing test.

If you require any additional info you can reach me via

Email: sharon @ gunggo.com

Good luck in your media buying and campaigns!

ZeroPark- visits- 17862, click- 11, conversions- 0
too much trash traffic

However I agree, $20 is not the amount that could be found enough for righteous stats.

Hi Anna, I agree with Sharon. To fully engage with the data and know where your ad performs the best, you'll need to increase your spend. Also don't worry too much about the performance, as this is achieved through optimization of your campaigns. Here's a small detail about CPM campaigns because I notice everyone is focusing so much on Performance.
"
"What makes one impression better than another?
The answer to this question is simple – how well it performs. Measuring this means ensuring there are clear performance goals. These goals can still be based on an effective CPC or CPA worked back from the CPM, or could be about brand awareness and measured accordingly. Put simply, the best impressions will be the ones that most frequently deliver the required results.

Working out which impressions fall into this category involves periods of testing, learning and optimising. The testing phase for a campaign will depend on how quickly the system (and the resource managing it) can identify impressions that deliver the right result. Once these have been found, campaign management is a process of managing budgets and refining targeting."

Try and work on increasing your ctr on your landers, use scripts, intros, etc. I'd also suggest start spying to see what works

Hi Anna :affiliatefix:

As an Advertiser Manager in Mobicow, I answer your exact question on a daily basis so I though I will post some insight here.

#1o_O Media buying is tricky, but once you get the hang of it can be quite profitable

#2 :( As Sharon Lee, stela.gunggo and kate.dispply said you cannot expect to invest 20$ and get instant return. That is just not how media buying works. Why? There are various reasons:
  1. high traffic volume but only part of it works for your offer
  2. the CPM $ that you pay often, but not always, determines the quality so media buyers often do the mistake to buy at the cheapest rate possible.
  3. when you deal with pop up/under traffic, loading time of your offer is very important as no matter how good the traffic if you have 15 redirects and it takes over 3-4 seconds to load people are even more annoyed and close the pop-up.
  4. Some offers just don't work with certain formats. For example direct app store linking for iOS is automatically blocked by safari and therefore not a good fit for pop up format.
#3 :) What can you do?
  • first, accept the fact that you will have to invest some money before you make some money
  • then get yourself properly set up. You are using Voluum and that is great, this is what will make you money in the long run. However make sure that it is properly configured. I have to help my affiliates set up with Voluum and other tracking platforms every day, even when they think that they are set.
  • once you got all that down, you need good offers. Don't just look for the highest paying ones. Check them, test them if you can. Do they display properly on mobile? How do they look? how fast do they load? At Mobicow, we manually approve offers and let affiliates know when there is an important issue like this one for example (screenshot)
  • then, once you get the appropriate offer, you need a strategy. Run 20$, check stats, do some excluding, optimizing. Increase your price, run another 20$, OH a few conversions, do some more optimizing. Keep tweaking until you reach maximum potential.
  • once you do this multiple times, you will get to know your traffic source, your ad network, types of camps and so on so that you can gradually invest a bit less in testing every offer.
#4 :cool: Keep in touch with your managers.

I always encourage my affiliates to keep in touch with me and ask me questions so that I can direct them in the right path. Ask your Network manager about offers, ask the traffic source about strategy. But don't ask too many or too vague or else you will just get ignored. Be precise, get an answer and do your research first before you get back and you ask another question.

ex: why is my campaign not converting? > bad question, looks like a beginner who just want conversions on silver platter.
instead: can you give me some tips or suggestions to get conversions? > now you might get a few useful answers or keywords that you can research :)

So that is it. Add me on skype:
julieta.mobicow and ask me to send you a PDF strategy guide that goes in detail about what I wrote above. Also, if any Mobicow fellows are reading this you should ping me on skype as well. I am still polishing it so i can't link it to this post but the essential info is there ;)

PS: ZeroPark Rocks ;) and Voluum definately Rocks

banners
Back