The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My tank is on empty

Brittany Dawn

affiliate
I recently stayed learning about affiliate marketing with the amazing Jay Wessman (RIP whatever you are), and have created my first website. I havent made any money with it, and I think I'm too new to know some of my biggest mistakes. It's createwithcoconut.com.
Is there easier money to be earned? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Crummy niche? Not enough time? I've only been at it a few weeks. So any help would be fantastic! Thanks all!

hey @Brittany Dawn :) and welcome to affiliatefix .
Is there easier money to be earned? Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Crummy niche? Not enough time? I've only been at it a few weeks. So any help would be fantastic! Thanks all!
every thing is easy .
you just need to learn first .
make sure you check this section it's a good place to start from.
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
any questions feel free to ask.
Good luck & See you around.

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

So, this is a bunch of questions in one and you should post these questions in the Newbies Helpdesk forum.

This is an introductions thread where we get to know something about you, your level of experience in various fields, your past, present, and your goals for the future.

Is there easier money to be earned?

This business is not hard, it is very easy if you research, study, make a plan, set some goals, establish a budget, and take action.

You need to decide what you want to do with a website. All you have done is create a one page site with poor structure, nothing to keep visitors interested, a few affiliate links scattered about, and trying to earn from Amazon.

Your site is very incomplete. No Terms of Use, no Privacy Policy, no menu, no updated content, etc.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

We can't tell you what you have done at all. You need to tell us what you have done so far for us to remark on what you have done.

Crummy niche?

Honestly, I do not see where you have actually chosen a niche.

Not enough time?

If this site was up for a year, you still would not earn anything with it.

I've only been at it a few weeks.

Okay, so if you want to do content sites, then you need to determine the following:
  1. What is your niche. I honestly don't see where you have chosen a niche. I see where you have chosen a style of crafting, but that is not a niche.
  2. How will you monetize? I do not think Amazon affiliate sales are where you want to be at this time. You need to learn more about placing affiliate offers on the site that are highly targeted towards your audience.
  3. You need to use a good paid traffic source and test the hell out of it. Learn how to target your audience demographics. Learn what devices your audiences are using by doing split tests for different device traffic.
  4. You need a tracker in order to gather information about the visitors to your site and which ads are working and which are not.
  5. You need to be sure that your site is multi device compatible. this called a "responsive" site and it is extremely important.
  6. You need to provide new additional very high quality content at least twice a week.
I can go on all day with this. The overall point is, I do not think you are prepared and I do not think you had a plan or set any goals based on research.

You can do this, but you need to study a bit, get busy in the forums here asking loads of questions. You must research and build a plan with goals.

Do you have a VPS?
Are you buying traffic?
Do you have a tracker?
Have you studied your market?
Do you have a targeted audience or demographic established?

Thank you for the feedback. I think I might have gotten excited and jumped the gun on trying to figure it out. I would love to take the Screw95 course. I feel like there is so much to learn and so many different areas of marketing that I feel a bit lost. I will definitely check out the posts. Thank you!

Hello Brittany Dawn. Welcome to AffiliateFix Forum.

You've already got valueable advice from our moderators and admin. Just follow them Read, learn and most importantly take action.

Have a nice day :):affiliatefix:
regards
Soul

Thank you for the feedback. I think I might have gotten excited and jumped the gun on trying to figure it out. I would love to take the Screw95 course. I feel like there is so much to learn and so many different areas of marketing that I feel a bit lost. I will definitely check out the posts. Thank you!

The Screw95 course is old and outdated now. Everything you require to build a successful business in this industry is right here!

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

So, this is a bunch of questions in one and you should post these questions in the Newbies Helpdesk forum.

This is an introductions thread where we get to know something about you, your level of experience in various fields, your past, present, and your goals for the future.

This business is not hard, it is very easy if you research, study, make a plan, set some goals, establish a budget, and take action.

You need to decide what you want to do with a website. All you have done is create a one page site with poor structure, nothing to keep visitors interested, a few affiliate links scattered about, and trying to earn from Amazon.

Your site is very incomplete. No Terms of Use, no Privacy Policy, no menu, no updated content, etc.

We can't tell you what you have done at all. You need to tell us what you have done so far for us to remark on what you have done.

Honestly, I do not see where you have actually chosen a niche.

If this site was up for a year, you still would not earn anything with it.

Okay, so if you want to do content sites, then you need to determine the following:
  1. What is your niche. I honestly don't see where you have chosen a niche. I see where you have chosen a style of crafting, but that is not a niche.
  2. How will you monetize? I do not think Amazon affiliate sales are where you want to be at this time. You need to learn more about placing affiliate offers on the site that are highly targeted towards your audience.
  3. You need to use a good paid traffic source and test the hell out of it. Learn how to target your audience demographics. Learn what devices your audiences are using by doing split tests for different device traffic.
  4. You need a tracker in order to gather information about the visitors to your site and which ads are working and which are not.
  5. You need to be sure that your site is multi device compatible. this called a "responsive" site and it is extremely important.
  6. You need to provide new additional very high quality content at least twice a week.
I can go on all day with this. The overall point is, I do not think you are prepared and I do not think you had a plan or set any goals based on research.

You can do this, but you need to study a bit, get busy in the forums here asking loads of questions. You must research and build a plan with goals.

Do you have a VPS?
Are you buying traffic?
Do you have a tracker?
Have you studied your market?
Do you have a targeted audience or demographic established?
Pay attention guys, pure gold being dropped here here. No need to buy expensive courses. It's all right here.

If you're not making money it's because of YOU. Not buying another course. Just focus pick a strategy, gather the right intel (for free on the Fix!) and execute. Learn from your mistakes, ask for help when needed and improve.

And remember it's ok if you don't succeed. This is not for everyone. It's easy to learn like @T J Tutor said, but it's HARD work to get to a comfortable level and keep up with the competition. Some people are just not cut out for it and that's ok too.

Edit: @Brittany Dawn I highly suggest you look into paid traffic campaigns instead of relying on SEO. Apart from being at the mercy of 1 single company (that can change their algorithms overnight) this business model is very hard to scale.

If you pay for traffic YOU decide where you buy it and scaling is very easy once you find a winning combo.

Last edited:
Brittany Dawn

You are getting loads of great advice because we want to see you make it. Be sure to get engaged with the members in the various sub forums here and it will start to come together for you. The membership will lead you to success if you let them and you follow their recommendations and guidance.

MI
Back