The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My First Site (Please Help) It's Awful

Oh now, I don't think it's so bad. I was expecting much worse
the way you were talking. :)

A couple little font things that would help the top of the page, above the fold.
(1st impressions are important and that's the 1st thing they see.)

Either make the font in the top sentence a little smaller or change because of to "due to" to shorten the 1st sentence up so it fits on one line. And don't use underline except for links. It makes you want to click, thinking it's a link but then it goes nowhere.

The red text on yellow highlighter is bad IMHO. Loose the yellow highlighter, maybe just use a different color font for that line instead of red. Maybe blue text similar shade to your background.

You have a big problem with your Meta title. It repeats the same sentence and KW twice. You shouldn't have a keyword more than once in the title. The search engines will think it's KW spam.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Thanks Linda,

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I will definitely take your advice and make some changes.

I hope its not too off topic but does anyone know of a good low-cost or preferably free :D header creation software? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I recently joined boxed art and highly recommend it. Search by category or keyword and see if you can see something you can use. There are full sites and all types of different templates but you can just grab and use a header you like, don't need to use the full site. Boxed Art. It's only 49.95 for 3 months or 99 for a full year. Sign up, grab what you need and from I read you can still use the images even after you cancel.

Here's a bunch of examples I pulled for Holiday sales and landing pages, so you can see the quality.
Santas Bag Full of Holiday Sales Graphics for You - 5 Star Blog

Hi, good first attempt. I would say that your site is really negative. Its points out a lot of negatives and bad things. Jobstoavoid.com is not a very appealing title. I mean if they should avoid the job why would they click on the link? Maybe you can change it to "How to find your perfect job and love going to work".

Hey, thats what I need to hear <brutal honesty> :D

Truth of the matter is, that was my mood when I was looking for Domain Names. Maybe not the best idea. You do have a good point looking back at things. I guess I was trying to be a little different and stand out. Time will tell I guess....always an experiment. :)

MI
Back