The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My First POF Case Study

Hey Guys,
After trying many of the free methods, I think now I can try a paid case study. Moreover I am making this case study to keep me focused which I really need to do. So here I present mine. This is my first venture with POF. I will try to update as often I can. Some of the details are here as under:

1) Network=MaxBounty
2) Advertising platform=POF
3) Offer= Anastasia Date camapaign
4) Payout=$5.00
5) Network EPC=$.28

The ad details
I made a simple 310*110 banner in MSPaint with a bright green background, left side of the banner was a pic of a girl making funny faces and on the right was my ad. I ran the ad for 8 hours and the impression were 32269 impressions and 23 clicks. I was bidding .41 cents . There were no conversions. The other details are
Country =United States
Age Between31, 35
Gender =Male
Has children =Prefer Not To Say, No
Body Type =Prefer Not To Say, Average, A Few Extra Pounds, Big & Tall/BBW
Marital Status =Single, Divorced, Widowed, Separated
Session Depth ≤4
looking for =Female
Ads Clicked =0-4

Last night I made a new ad with same 310*110 banner bright green background, but this time I tried to write with my mouse with a Christmas angle in mind but I was surprised because my ad got rejected, the reason they gave made me laugh, it said that I am showing big butts big boobs,etc.. So I now made the same ad copy with typed text. Hoping to get that approved.

Last night I had submitted two variations of ads both got approved. The details are:
1) First ad got 3471 impressions and no clicks and no conversions
2) Second ad got 3287 impressions and no clicks and no conversions.
So my plan is to wait for one another day and see. Otherwise I will change the ad

With that many impressions and no clicks something isn't right.

Firstly, imo, the targeting is too tight. How did you come down to that targeting? As far as I'm aware the age on this offer has limits set by the advertiser but did you look at Quantcast and other sites (Compete, Alexa, Google Ad Planner) to determine your audience and demographics otherwise?

It's certainly something worth trying, the same as including a mouse pointer over a button that almost prompts the person to click where it is, however, you still need to ensure that the traffic you are sending to the offer is going to convert.

With that many impressions and no clicks something isn't right.

Firstly, imo, the targeting is too tight. How did you come down to that targeting? As far as I'm aware the age on this offer has limits set by the advertiser but did you look at Quantcast and other sites (Compete, Alexa, Google Ad Planner) to determine your audience and demographics otherwise?

Hi Andy, although I had researched on quantcast for the demographics, this all targeting was according to my understand plus I took some references regarding targeting from the POF blog

Update...
Guys I have stopped all the campaigns and now I ma taking help from someone from a cpa network itself . Actually I contacted one of the AM's of a network and they agreed to help me out with my campaign with a condition to promote their offers. Till now their support was really amazing, they literally hand hold everything right from selecting domains and now I am gonna receive the LP also so that I can go ahead with the campaigns. So all the fingers crossed and and I will report the results pretty soon

Latest Update
Not much to update I am on holiday and my AM is also on holiday, although she had emailed me some really great ad copies plus a private POF guide to go with. She said that she will mail me the LP on Monday when she will come back from holidays. So the next update will be on Monday. Meanwhile the guide is really an incredible one plus I must say the ad copies angles and the way they were written were completely new to me.

banners
Back