The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Moving hosting

incognito

affiliate
Hello

I am already a member of this forum - I haven't re-introduced myself but I've joined again just to ask advice 'undercover'.

My website is at the moment maintained (loosely), optimised (again loosley) and hosted via the same people (the server is in London Docklands)

How easy is it to move the hosting of your website. Is it disruptive, will it be 'turned off' for a while and will I encounter any problems.

You see we are thinking of moving developers and want to engage someone new to do the SEO but as the hosting is tied into the contract I have with our existing developers, which is due to end soon, I really don't know what to do.

I am only posting this as a different user as my usual username has my site signature in, and I don't want the people we use for (supposed) SEO to search and somehow pick this post up. Please pm me if you like so I can verify my usual user name, or if you can help me further.

Many thanks

Hello incognito,
Moving your website is VERY VERY easy. Here are the steps:
1. secure a new hosting account
2. Upload your site and db to the new account via IP address
3. Change you site dns to your new hosting account.

You will have NOT downtime.

Good luck and let me know if you need more help.

Temi is correct, also there are decent Host providers who will provide the "move" free when you switch.

banners
Back