The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Moving from Joomla to Wordpress...

Kutaone

affiliate
Hi Team!

I have quite a bit of expereince using joomla but as everyone knows it can put quite a load on a server and tends to run slower than wordpress. With my Joomla experience and a pocketful of common sense about technology and software, how easy it is to just jump in and get started with Wordpress. Joomla took me about a week to get everything I needed to make a functional website. (but I had ZERO expereince making websites prior to Joomla.) I don't want to spend a week learning wordpress...

Thanks

MJ

If you can handle Joomla, you shouldn't find WoirdPress a long-term challenge.

Thank you! That's kinda what I thought. I was planning on jumping in a giving it a try unless someone gave me a horror story or a good reason to not try. (Or maybe someone has the magic solution for making joomla run faster.) I guess the real challenge now becomes figuring out when the best time to use joomla and when to use Wordpress. I will share my results to let anyone know who is thinking about, or hasn't thought about doing it, know how it goes...

Thanks again...

The biggest challenge I ran into when I switched to Wordpress from Joomla is finding the right plugins for my sites. Wordpress has so much more option with plugins, but not so much with the core / built-in setup.

IMO, simple websites benefit from Wordpress. But if you're looking to scale out with a complex strategy such as a social network AND you have dev support, Joomla is the way to go.

armed with a good resource like digging into wordpress you should have no problems i always seem to end up back using wordpress just good allrounder

Like some posters said, going from Joomla to WP shouldn't be hard - it'd be a lot more difficult the other way around. Read up on some free resources, start a test blog and get comfortable before you make a full transition. Good luck!

banners
Back