The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

More Pages at a fast rate hurt your site?

bigcat1967

I was talking to someone at work today - they said that if you add a lot of pages to your site in a short amount of time - it will hurt your site in the serps. He was claiming that all you need is two pages per day - anything over that, it will hurt it.

Is this true?

No, I don't think so. There is no minimum or maximum.

He may be thinking of linkbuilding: Adding a large number of incoming links to your pages all of a sudden will flag you as engaging in some form of nonorganic link building and this will likely result in some sort of discounting or possible penalty by Google.

I have heard about this issue before. I think that seem to be right in some case. if we build back links so quickly, Google may misunderstand we are spamming. So, many SEOer said that it should be build about 20 link/weeks...and that links must come form many sources like social network, forum, directories, and article pages.

any other idea?

I have heard about this issue before. I think that seem to be right in some case. if we build back links so quickly, Google may misunderstand we are spamming. So, many SEOer said that it should be build about 20 link/weeks...and that links must come form many sources like social network, forum, directories, and article pages.

any other idea?

That isn't the question the OP asked.

I was talking to someone at work today - they said that if you add a lot of pages to your site in a short amount of time - it will hurt your site in the serps. He was claiming that all you need is two pages per day - anything over that, it will hurt it.

Is this true?

The original question was "they said that if you add a lot of pages to your site in a short amount of time..." -- Maybe I misunderstood, but I took that as "internal links" -- which is something I never heard to be a penalty for (regardless of duration)..

If you are speaking of "external links" or "incoming links" or "backlinks" -- there is indeed a penalty for sudden increases that seem to be done through spammy or black hat means.

I bel;ieve the OP was asking about adding new pages, not new links of any kind.

I apologize. I was referring to adding new pages (and having those pages linked). Sorry, I should have been clear.

Oh, I see. I suppose it would be pointless to add pages without including links to those pages somewhere, yes.

MI
Back