The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mispelled keywords

racemepls

affiliate
If your niche is already saturated is it acceptable to focus on mispelled keywords to try to get the googlers who can't spell correctly?

Racemepis,

Are you asking is it acceptable to develop a website on the basis of having your site keywords be the misspelled keywords?

Misspellings, works for adwords advertising if you are trying to pick up some extra traffic for misspelled words that are searched for within your niche, but to develop a website, your website content should be keyword rich. If you want to have a site that is filled with mispelled keywords that will make your site look unprofessional in my opinion. Your website keywords will have to be repeated throughout your website content in order for the search engines to index it for misspelled keywords you want to use.

I hope I understood your question correctly. If you were to want to use misspelled keywords within your website to try and pick up some extra traffic I guess you could mix in a couple that are dispersed throughout the content, but not sure how much it would really help. You would want correct spelling and grammer for your content to represent value in the eye's of your visitors, but if you have one keyword misspelling that has enough traffic potential, you could add it to your meta tag keywords and content without harming your overall content value.

People do misspell words, even in writing the content of their websites, but I wouldn't over do it.

I probably have misspelled something in this post for that matter. :) It does happen...

Link Master

I agree with Link Master.

Additionally, modern search engines like Google typically correct the misspelling anyway so trying to target those misspellings may not get you much in the way of returns.

Racemepls,

Your welcome! Not something that hasn't worked in the past, but like Minstrel has said the search engines today correct most misspellings for you if you chose to click on the suggested correction. I think most people do, but still think some don't. Not as much traffic from misspellings as before Google suggest anyway. I think this was a great question though because I believe it to be one of those things that a lot of people have wondered about.

Link Master

It only works with very popular keywords, I think that theres always huge competition there, they even buy domains like wwwgoogle.com

banners
Back