The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Meta Tags & Keywords

funkypilchard

affiliate
I know that this is a slightly grey area, so here are a few questions that I have, maybe if some of the more experienced forumers could answer these it may help others as well as me :cool:

This is what I know..

1. Establish which strings of keywords and individual words people will most likely use to find your website on google.

2. Make sure those keywords appear on your home page text.

3. Make sure the same words appear as Meta Tags & Keywords in the code within your index page.

A question that I would like to know answer to:

In keywords and meta tags there are these areas.

1. <title> (should this include your most important keywords as well as company name and should the keywords come before that name?)

2. <meta name="keywords" content= (should these be single words divided by comers or strings of words separated by comers)

3. <meta name="description" content= (should these be single words divided by comers or strings of words separated by comers)
Thanks in advance.

1. I usually place two or three keywords into the title tag transformed to an expression.
2. Only the most important keywords, keyphrases (max 6 pcs) come here (separated by commas) which surely occure in the page content.
3. Similarly to the title tag I place the most stressed phrases here formed to a
complete sentence or a slogan.

2. Only the most important keywords, keyphrases (max 6 pcs) come here (separated by commas) which surely occure in the page content.

Thanks Bagi, what do you mean by 6pcs?

is that 6 individual words like: computer, shop, store, uk, buy, sell

or 6 phrases like: computer shop uk, buy computer software uk, computers uk, electronics, computer, hardware

I use the pcs as the plural of the piece, you know Hungarian English:D

You can freely use keywords or keyphrases, the point is, that they must occur in the content if you want SEs to take this meta tag seriously, and don't place too many there since their relative weight will reduce.

Another question that I am unsure of..

should all the meta tags and keywords be exactly the same on each page of the website (providing all the pages relate to the same thing).

Thank you

No, you should customize the title tag, the keywords and the description tag as well, to fit the actual content of the different pages.

banners
Back