The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Mark Zuckerberg says he’s ‘fundamentally uncomfortable’ making content decisions for Facebook

younes elbahi

affiliate
511574500.jpg.0.jpg

[URL='https://www.recode.net/2017/3/4/14816254/facebook-fake-news-disputed-trump-snopes-politifact-seattle-tribune']what’s fact or fiction.[/URL]
But as CEO of the world’s largest social network — a service he created — many believe that responsibility does fall to Zuckerberg. Who else should be making Facebook’s rules?
In an interview with Recode on Wednesday to discuss the company’s recent privacy scandal, Zuckerberg showed some frustration with the idea that as Facebook’s CEO, many expect him to create and enforce values for the service that are applicable to all of Facebook’s two billion users.
Mark Zuckerberg says he’s ‘fundamentally uncomfortable’ making content decisions for Facebook | bahlocha

Cool down, cowboys :D In a few months the next scandal will come at another company, and the current Fb scandal will be completely forgotten... :p

facebook will die soon I think
Nope, Fb will never ever die. Mark Zuckerberg is waaay to smart and ambitious to let his baby die. Maybe he will make some fundamental changes, but Fb will never die, never ever.

... -- they have your number -- ...
From 1930 until 2000 all (!!!) phone numbers were stored in phone books, and who cared about that ?!?
The current privacy policy discussions are sometimes a bit hypy, IMHO ;)

Facebook wont die, its just another big corporation that abuses people's data so its not surprising, as for dying I dont think so as there is no alternative that could challenge FB. Google has had many more privacy scandals over the years and continues to do so to this day yet it still has the monopoly. Most people dont seem to care or are just so unaware about privacy because if they did Google and Microsoft would have been dead a long time ago.

Not a big fan of Facebook, not a big fan of Mark, but I don't want Facebook die because this is good platform for marketers to make money.

My thoughts exactly. I don't care for Zuck or FB very much, but it's a marketing tool and has turned a lot of people to success.

No matter what the platform though, Affiliate Marketers will find a way to make money from the traffic/users. So if FB dies one day, something will take it's place and over time be effective in marketing. That's my opinion, anyway.

Of course its like how Twitch is now becoming the go to place for gamers that are ditching youtube, with Youtube losing advertisers and de-monetising users videos because they do not fit into the leftwing view of Youtube many are looking elsewhere, this could be a great time for someone/startup to step up and offer an alternative to those looking.

I personally dont use FB for personal or for business needs and have no accounts with them, I left Google and Microsoft a long time ago the only Google product I do use is Youtube as there currently is no alternative.

I was watching the news earlier and they were interviewing people in the street about this latest privacy scandal for FB and not surprisingly most seemed unfazed and were saying they will carry on as normal, why don't they just give me their passwords so I can snoop around their accounts since they dont give a damn about privacy.

Facebook seems to be on the downside of the bell curve for traffic.

It's been dwindling for a couple of years as far a quality of traffic. There has been such an abundance of ads hitting everyone that "general banner blindness" has set in over the recent years. A new medium will abound at some point. New "on the rise" platforms are always emerging. While most of them go bust, or go flat, usually one or two rise to the top like the virtual "cream atop the milk". This is exactly what brought FB to us to begin with. Leaving many to say, "What happened to ICQ, MySpace, etc", as FB took over the reigns and filled the space!

When I read this I have to wonder if the Internet is really going to become a trap.

I have thought this for the last fifteen years and it crossed my mind much sooner than that.

Part of the trap though is that we have to use it for research, business, staying in touch with those far from us, etc. I'm certain that adjustments are coming (again), from both the private sector and from the governments.

Yeah, I partly watched, partly listened to the Senate hearing this afternoon.

I thought that Zuck seemed quite nervous, initially, anyway. Guess that's understandable.

One of my fantasies, as he was being grilled, was of those senators asking Google some of the same questions they were asking him. :D

Zuck couldn't name a platform just like FB that people could use instead then they asked if he was a monopoly. Don't think he knew what to say. I had visions of somebody scrambling to be the next FB alternative.

"But if they were running a corporation domiciled in Delaware" -- a state notorious for its lackadaisical attitude towards shell corporations -- you wouldn't actually know that they are a Russian owner."

If the government doesn't know, how the hell would FB know if it was a shell company?

Like no one has ever photoshopped an ID on the Internet

Some of those older senators did not understand how it all works. Some of the 80 year olds don't use the internet, they have their staff do that stuff.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Zuck said he was okay with FB not being self-regulating. That kind of talk makes me cringe.

I cannot ever recall seeing the site in *Google News* -- there are alternatives

Yes! Lots of alternatives, just wish the masses would use them.

I liked the part where he was asked to give a straight answer with a simple 'Yes' or 'No' and like a typical politician wouldn't he also couldn't, so if FB doesnt work out for him in the future he sure has a future in politics :rolleyes:

From that article:

In one letter, written by a former Facebook employee who led a data policy enforcement team that policed third-party apps like Kogan’s, the employee described a nonchalant attitude from her superiors when she reported data breaches.

Do you suppose that FB thought it was too big to fail, or to be questioned about its practices?

This is the letter (posted on courant.com) that the former FB employee wrote to Blumenthal: PDF: Letter From Facebook Employee To Sen. Blumenthal

I liked the part where he was asked to give a straight answer with a simple 'Yes' or 'No' and like a typical politician wouldn't he also couldn't, so if FB doesnt work out for him in the future he sure has a future in politics :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

GDPR American style is becoming the debate.

Hmmm...I'm not sure if this is strictly user protection, or the next step in the loss of internet neutrality. Maybe a bit of both.

Well, many members of Congress have Law Degrees. Zuckerberg was appearing voluntarily -- that means not under the Court's Jurisdiction (a subpoenaed witness subject to perjury and contempt) .

I know it's illegal to lie to the FBI, with or without a subpoena, is it also illegal to lie to Congress? I have no idea.

The thing that bothers me is whether the intent here is to put just Facebook on *trial* or try to burn the whole Internet at the stake -- for fake news as well as unspoken crimes against personal identity of Netcitizens.

Exactly. I don't know how much to trust the 'good intentions'. I heard one of the anchors on CNN this morning quote somebody that said, paraphrasing here: If you pluck a chicken one feather at a time, they won't notice.

Facebook and Zuck were just the mark.

They have to assign blame and have a reason to clamp down.

I think it is -- that is why he was evasive.

I didn't realize the hearing continued today, so I've missed it but yesterday, I heard him say a few times that he wanted to be accurate, so had to consult his team and get back to them.

I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out if FB is the victim or the bad guy. Both, I think. I mention victim, only because they may be the sacrificial lamb.

banners
Back