The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[Manual Actions] Pure spam on amazon affilate site.

capripio

affiliate
Hey,
First-ly pardon me for my bad English not native.
Okay so let see if you can suggest me what's wrong!
Basically I have join this forum few days back and at the same time I was developing script using amazon affiliate api. I have design whole script from scratch and done properly on-site seo. after developing site I make my script online but withing few days I get Manual Action with pure spam in my webmaster tool and my links (15 links) got de-indexed. Yes I know my content isn't unique but I haven't got in trouble using other affiliate datafeed. Just issue with Amazon api (even it has better content presentation then others).

here is my site url : outdoorgrill.xyz

It would appreciated if you provide any info. or share your experience.

Thanks,
Capripio

Heya Capripio,

I have the same problem, so I guess we'll understand each other splendidly :)

@ your site:
Impressive that you dared to jump on a xyz-domain. (It's the first time I see it on a usual site.)
The site itself is what webmaster call "a poor reader's experience" and therefore it's indeed only spammy spam. Sorry, but it was you who asked for an opinion.
The site design worked 15 years ago. I suggest, install the WordPress CMS and then search for a free template which is contemporary for 2016. There are more than enough free templates available.
Next thing: writing your own content respectively your own product specifications can't be that hard.
A bit confusing: The site tab says "Outdoor" and then I see categories like Surgery, Plastic, Trauma etc. I dunno from which country you are, but these statements suggest that in your country surgery is done there outdoor. That doesn't sound very inviting...
Enough for one reply, and again my apology, but you asked for MHO.
Best of luck!

Thanks for quick response.

Yes I am using xyz domains and for believe me I get more success then normal tlds (.com and .co.uk) I have worked. and its also provide decent name.

for design of the site. I cheated on it bit. I used bootstrap (modern css framework) to work fast. so basically in future if I want to change the shape my site i can. but the site it self is in early stage. and most of the part I worked on programming then presenting (I know its important but I want my site work perfectly).

About writing content its bit hard part for me. Because I am lazy in writing stuff then programming tons of lines. But I don't think it should be issue? not sure Because I used same techniques on shareasale and cj based sites and believe me they provide excellent performance (Till now and finger crossed for future).

and for your last part I totally agreed about irrelevant content/categories. That's what I am fighting for few days now. but amazon api is not complex as I expected. haha but sure I will fix it!

Unfortunately, the xyz extension got the spammy reputation right out of the box. I've never seen it (yet) used by a reputable site but maybe yours will start a new trend for the better.

Something I think G likes is contact info available on the site. People can contact you but it's a form on a blank page. You might want to add something - phone#, email, an address....something to let people feel like there is somebody behind the site page. It feels rather 'ghostly' right now.

Speaking of ghostly, adding some colour to the site would make it warmer, more inviting. Perhaps a logo in the header would be good? Or, as Marc suggested, a different theme/template.

The site tab says "Outdoor" and then I see categories like Surgery, Plastic, Trauma etc.

I didn't see that, maybe he's fixed it already.

As @Marc said, it would probably be better if you had unique descriptions, something that sets your site apart. Otherwise, people might as well just go straight to Amazon.

I can imagine your site being the one-stop shopping place for people looking for outdoor items if you have something different from every other Amazon site out there. You offer convenience, they can get everything in one spot. That works great for both you and the user. :)

So, get those creative juices flowing. What are you going to do to make YOUR site the most kick-ass Amazon site on the planet? Okay, that was a bit dramatic but you get my meaning. :)

Haha, we both posted at the same time, I think. :)

Yes I am using xyz domains and for believe me I get more success then normal tlds (.com and .co.uk) I have worked. and its also provide decent name.

Really?? Well, I'm happy for you, I would never have guessed that, as I avoid them.

About writing content its bit hard part for me. Because I am lazy in writing stuff

That's what freelancers are for. :) fiverr, upwork, whatever.

Till now and finger crossed for future

Big G is constantly changing their algo, so unless you want to keep jumping through hoops to keep up, I suggest just shooting for quality from the beginning, so you don't have to keep changing things to please G.

That's what I think, too. Finally back to reasonable domain names.
So, sooo tempting. I think I'll give them a shot, too.

Yup, thank goodness, capripio had already changed it.

It sounded really a bit alien-like, Outdoor and Surgery :confused:
Yes but I guess there is no point to fix the script the site marked as spam I don't think I can revive it!

Yes but I guess there is no point to fix the script the site marked as spam I don't think I can revive it!

Don't give up yet...

bOY2va5.jpg

Got that from: Fighting Spam – Inside Search – Google

You can generate great content even if you have a little problem with English. A Russian friend who can't write or speak a lot of English had hired me to be his site's content manager for a little while, and we were able to generate a lot of unique content. BTW, we were actually picking up ideas from other sites, but I think we generated about 100 unique mini posts even though none of our ideas were original because it was a review/experience sort of site. You need to do something like that and you can do it yourself. I mean he didn't need to hire me for this, but he has like 20 other sites.

You can generate great content even if you have a little problem with English. A Russian friend who can't write or speak a lot of English had hired me to be his site's content manager for a little while, and we were able to generate a lot of unique content. BTW, we were actually picking up ideas from other sites, but I think we generated about 100 unique mini posts even though none of our ideas were original because it was a review/experience sort of site. You need to do something like that and you can do it yourself. I mean he didn't need to hire me for this, but he has like 20 other sites.

Thanks for info. I will do best to over come this issue.

I agreed I have few sites in wordpress too. but I want to do something unique thing for me :D and epic failed!

banners
Back