The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Making your keyword bold in the context of your pages.

It doesn't make a huge difference and some would argue not at all, but I think it helps just a little.

Some top SEOS ranked using bold or strong keywords as having minimal 26% importance in ranking - in this survey. Search Engine Ranking Factors | SEOmoz But that's one of the only places you'll see it. So again just a possible small bump and don't overdo it.

yes it does effect but not much just a little. But if i were you I wont be using it on my content because, we should to having a content where viewers can read easily. not irritate them. build a site and seo it dont build a site just for seo. :)

Ditto to the others.

Help? Yes. But like anything, only a fraction. It's like getting one good link for example. It helps, but you need a lot more.

As long as it is not annoying and random, it can help, but more important is the usage of the <h> tags. You can use CSS to make the <h> tags look different ways so they don't even look different to the viewer but still give you a minimal SEO boost.

Any time you use a heading, bold, italics, or any other oddity in your content some search engines weight those words greater than the rest of the content. Although like the others have said it is minimal (but could be the difference between being number 1 on page 2 or the end of page 1). In this case well worth it .... every little bit helps.

I think it's important not to go over the top with such techniques. They do have their place but they can look spammy if you do too much.

MI
Back