The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Making page 1 on google for keywords. How did I do it?

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I was wondering, I have been somehow making it to some high spots on the google search engine for some of my blogs with keywords. They are not "allintitle" searches though. I have just been checking my hostgator accounts cpanel, and checking up on the keywords that they have listed to find this information. I know this has nothing to do with my google page rank as I am still seeing a 0. I know this because I have added the page rank add on to my firefox browser.

Can someone tell me what factors are causing me to get up there? I'm elated that I have gotten to the top for a number of posts but I'm just wondering what factors are related to this. I haven't started submitting articles yet, just blog posts.

By the way, thanks a million Linda, Minstrel, Corkern, and Clintoc! You guys have helped alot with my first big steps, which has trickled over to me helping many seekers of my knowledge within my niche!!

Thanks guys

I have been somehow making it to some high spots on the google search engine for some of my blogs with keywords. They are not "allintitle" searches though. I have just been checking my hostgator accounts cpanel, and checking up on the keywords that they have listed to find this information. I know this has nothing to do with my google page rank as I am still seeing a 0. I know this because I have added the page rank add on to my firefox browser.

First, the PageRank you see on a toolbar (often called Toolbar PR or Public PR) is not the "real" or "true" PR. Google calculates true PR on an ongoing basis (a process called "everflux" made possible by the huge networks of computers and datacenters Google has at their disposal). At intervals, determined at the whim of Google but on average about every 3-6 months, Google "exports" a recent approximation of PR to the Toolbar datacenters, and it is that value tou see represented in the toolbar graph. At best, it is only an approximation, since, for example, true PR values of 3.00000001 and 3.9999999 both appear as 3 on the graph, while 4.0000000 will appear as 4. Additionally, Toolbar PR is only current on the day of the export (actually, there's usually a cut-off of a week or two before the actual export). By the time you check Toolbat PR for your page or someone else's page, it may well have changed, especially if it's a new site or the owner is engaged in active link building.

Second, PageRank these days has little to do with Google search rankings (and nothing to do with rankings on other search engines since they don't use PageRank).

If you rank well for a specific search term (keyword or phrase), it is because:

1. the anchor text in links pointing to that page contain that exact search term or something very close to it; and/or
  2. the on-page content including the page title, text on the page, and perhaps the domain name or full URL contains the exact search term or important elements of the search term

Hi affiliaterookie2009,

You're very welcome for the help.

Congrats! Impossible to say, could just be the phrases are not that popular? I have a new site where I'm getting some high rankings and traffic that I'm surprised by too. So we must be doing something right. Either that or Google is getting easier. :p

Impossible to say without seeing the site and the KW. If you really want to know or have us guess - and don't mind sharing the site, you can ask for a site review and tell us the KW and rankings and ask our option. (Post down in the site review forum.)

MI
Back