The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking for Unique Ideas on how to make money online.

JulieO

Hi Affiliate Marketers,

I have been searching like crazy and I think my brain is going to explode, so I thought maybe I would put this out there and see if anyone has any ideas that they know of.

I am looking for a unique way to make money online - preferably without spending a lot of money or having resources like an email list or bunch of websites.

I'm not looking for something like article marketing or answering questions on Yahoo Answers, but more unique ways that aren't so common which could include something like buying a link under a popular YouTube video to drive affiliate traffic. Just...something different.

Thanks in advance,
Julie O.

This is the last place (I mean your thread) where such ideas will appear. Because the things don't work that way. If a profitable idea is born it goes quite different way than this thread. Just trying to be objective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie, can I ask why you're looking for 'unique' ways to make money online?

While I admire people who don't just blindly follow the crowd (fully 82% of which are on the wrong track anyway - which is why they struggle and why I'm enjoying the fruits of my 'labour' in a very relaxed way from my home office in beautiful Christchurch New Zealand) it's been my experience over the years that the 'new', 'unique', 'secret' etc ways are a massive side-track for most people.

One of my mentors, the late Jim Rohn, hit the nail on the head when he said ' Become an EXPERT on the basics, before you seek the exotic'. I followed that mantra and my expertise has paid off superbly well.

Also, can I ask why you seem to have an aversion to building an email list?

Thanks for the replies everyone. The reason I am looking for unique....

I had a really nice income going until Gov Brown flipped the switch on me. It came at just the right time, so I thought. About 90% of my sites were up for renewal and I let them all expire. He of course (several months later) reversed his decision on the CA tax laws thing. I just didn't have it in me to start all over again.

The reason I am looking for something different or unique is because I find that I am easily motivated when I feel like I have a 'new beginning' sorta speak. It's like when spring comes, everything is fresh and new and I feel excited about it. Or when I wake up in the morning to a new day with new possibilities.

It's just my way of utilizing the way my brain works and motivating myself again.

[snip]

The reason I am looking for something different or unique is because I find that I am easily motivated when I feel like I have a 'new beginning' sorta speak. It's like when spring comes, everything is fresh and new and I feel excited about it. Or when I wake up in the morning to a new day with new possibilities.

It's just my way of utilizing the way my brain works and motivating myself again.

Ok, that makes sense.

How does the thought of becoming a Offline Mobile Marketing Consultant to local businesses strike you?

There is huge potential in mobile with many reports that cross my desk indicating tremendous growth over the last year and it's clear that more and more people are accessing products and services through their mobile devices.

Think about a restaurant owner looking to increase his customers coming in. Consider this - Increasingly Jane/Jim are on the move and feeling like a meal. What do they do? Yep, out comes the smartphone and they look for a nearby place that suits their needs for that meal.

All the consultant need do is help the owner realize the potential then provide him with the systems to make it happen.

Big money!

I've just done a mobile course myself and while I have no interest personally in offline consulting, I'm too darn relaxed and hate having to 'do whatever, at whatever time' these days preferring the flexibility and ease of affiliate marketing instead, I can see the potential is huge.

I can even see the day, not to far away that the desktops will be only useful as oversized bookends - which means I'll have to continue to make changes within my online businesses to accommodate mobile.

Thanks for this. I thought of taking the mobile marketing course from U of SanFran. Im just completed the Affiliate Mktg course--a little pricey, but good. I could probably find the mobile marketing stuff cheaper online if I just search and combine what I need myself. After all, I already have the fancy looking U of SF certificate ;)

And any advice on becoming an offline consultant will be welcome. I am just a postal worker and this is all new to me!!

I feel like I have a 'new beginning' sorta speak. It's like when spring comes, everything is fresh and new and I feel excited about it. Or when I wake up in the morning to a new day with new possibilities.

It goes close to such a thing when something is taken and left incomplete when winter comes.

I had a really nice income going until Gov Brown flipped the switch on me. It came at just the right time, so I thought. About 90% of my sites were up for renewal and I let them all expire. He of course (several months later) reversed his decision on the CA tax laws thing. I just didn't have it in me to start all over again.

Sadly, you could have used a third party site's affiliate links, that are set up for affiliates, instead of dealing directly with Amazon and still made all that income.

As for different and unique...there are forums that present new ideas, so you may want to check into that.

My unique way is marketing through answer sites - like answers.com, yahoo answers, ask and so on. Yahoo answers are actually nice enough to hyperlink to your website, if you mention it in your answer.
And here is some great for Yahoo answers, for you to understand what traffic we are talking about here.):
1,294,389 questions have been asked on Yahoo Answers.
1,038,040 questions are "resolved", meaning a "best" answer was picked.
356,455 questions were resolved with a 80-100% "thumbs up" rating.
103,795 questions have been asked in the last 7 days.

My unique way is marketing through answer sites - like answers.com, yahoo answers, ask and so on. Yahoo answers are actually nice enough to hyperlink to your website, if you mention it in your answer.
And here is some great for Yahoo answers, for you to understand what traffic we are talking about here.):
1,294,389 questions have been asked on Yahoo Answers.
1,038,040 questions are "resolved", meaning a "best" answer was picked.
356,455 questions were resolved with a 80-100% "thumbs up" rating.
103,795 questions have been asked in the last 7 days.

Be super careful using Yahoo Answers to promote your site(s). Yahoo is quick to ban people from Yahoo Answers if anyone complains.

To make matters worse, not only can you lose your Yahoo Answers account but you can potentially also lose your Yahoo email account and any Yahoo groups you are associated with.

Just Google it, and you will find many unhappy people who lost accounts.

Tread carefully with Yahoo Answers.

Hi Julie,

Have you tried using twitter? Some of our affiliates post affiliate text links on twitter for promotions we run and do quite well out of it. DM me if you want me to walk you through how you can do this......and best of all its free!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back