The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Looking For Suggestions!

Nick Esparza

I want to start doing affiliate marketing. But I am starting from scratch. I have a website and a few blogs that are already set-up and ready to go.

Now I get the fact that I should market something that I am passionate about because everything will be more natural and flow more smoothly. That is the easy part.

My question is this. To get traffic to my site, would you suggest using google ad-words for maximum exposure? Would you use other affilliate marketers as well to get traffic? Or what is the best way?

I also have a auto-responder as well.

Please help if you have the time.

Thank You

Nick

AdWords may not be a bad way to get some traffic to a new affiliate site but (a) you can sink a lot of money that way if you don't know what you're doing and (b) the traffic isn't sustained over the long run (i.e., you have to keep running ads to continue the traffic).

A better long term solution is to optimize your pages for better search engine ranking. Browse through the threads in the Search Engine Marketing & SEO Forum - 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums for pointers on how to do this.

In addition, just keep adding high quality, compelling content to your sites that people will naturally want to link to. Guest posting and article marketing are also good way to get more traffic.

By saying I have to keep running ads, you mean new ads on google right? And that can get to be pretty expensive I imagine? So I found this ad and I am always leary of scams, so I wanted to see what you think of it. Can you read it over and give me some feed back?

Now Hiring – Will Train Affiliates To Help The Special Forces Team
Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Here’s the Deal.

My name is Ralf Dooley. I am a Member of the brand new Special Forces Team who has been build to train Affiliates to conquer the Internet. A Major Major company here in Los Angeles has hired us to generate 1000?s of fresh Leads for their business. They are one of the Top Corporations in Los Angeles and pay Top Dollar.

The Special Forces Team Need Your Help.

We are offering to Train and Hire anyone who wants to work from home as an Affiliate on the internet.

WE will Train you on how to build a Blog (quick and easy) and us it to Dominate Google for targeted Keywords that will attract quality leads.

It doesn’t realy matter if you have absolutely no knowledge what so ever with the internet or you’re a semi pro marketer who just want a new project or affiliate opportunity. We will teach you within a week to master the simple skills of creating a Blog… gettting high search engine ranking and building email list on autopilot.

We will then put you on our “Special Forces” Team and teach you to generate Leads and Sales from your Blog for one of our Los Angeles Companies who desire Leads from us as well as show you how to earn money from various other online Products.

Feel free to listen in on the phone conversation I recorded in the video below with the CEO of the company that has hired our team to work with them..

I know I sound like such a noob, and at this point that is spot on. I haven't read the SEO forum just yet minstrel, but I did download the pdf and I will read it after my meeting this morning.

You guys Rawk!!!!
Thanks Again...

Nick

If your niche that you are marketing and promoting is not so popular than the competition is low and this means you should go for SEO. Try to get some backlinks, submit some articles to articles directory like ezine ant try to optimize your web page (meta tags, description, H1,H2... keywords) and probably you will get to first 10 pages on a google research and this is free traffic! If your niche is popular then the competition is pretty high and to beat them you must understand lots of thing about SEO and PPC if you want to use it!

Hey gox1971

I will look up (meta tags, description, H1,H2... keywords) because its all foreign to me. As far as SEO goes. I am currently reading "Google's Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide" to gain as much insight as I can on the subject.

As I said earlier, I am a major noob. It is overwhelming when I see all the stuff I have to learn. There is so much data to read and take in. But I am going to do it.

So my niche actually consists of two major things that I am passionate about.

Being a success coach, and fitness.

Now I know both of these are very marketable topics, so that's my direction I'm heading.

Thank You for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated

Nick

You can use your autobiography about going through all this as a testimonial. :)

Hi...
PPC will be great but, as a good start, how about article marketing?
it's free and can give you a natural position in search engine.
ezinearticles.com is one of the best article directory to submit and get targeted traffic

MI
Back