The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Looking for advice to earn online!

krissty

affiliate
Hi all,
I am married and I am working in a private company but I am unable to meet all the needs of a family because of a small pay package. I have two kids and my old father with me. I am too much depressed as I am going through this economic crisis, so I want to start some online jobs that can give me some additional income. Can anyone give me some good money making tips? I'm looking forward to your suggestions!
Thanks in advance!

First steps to success

Only a small portion of people who attempt affiliate marketing make the grade right at the beginning. Most take months or years before they begin to fully understand and learn how to implement the system that is changing constantly but has a lot to offer.

There is definitely a learning curve and a time to begin to put to practice what you have learned. The biggest mistake (myself included at first) is to grab a program, jump over to Google ad words, open up your credit card to Google before understanding the market and having the tools to study it completely.That is uncontrolled enthusiasm not wisdom and education. Keywords have become very competitive and expensive but there are tricks of the trade to insure success.

This forum is a good place to start and some good newsletters will show you what others are doing. Information overload is always a danger. Loosing a couple hundred dollars at Google because you thought a bunch of keywords would make you rich is another. Jumping from one program to the next is another big mistake.

Don't start something else until you have accomplished the first and are working to get organized on a daily basis by setting your objectives and writing your goals.I like writing articles and offering information and that is why I have a couple of blogs and I am working on a more personal one in between my Click Bank campaigns.

Understanding the market, the Internet, and the honest people is a big plus. There are a lot of great money making programs out there that will also provide you with a list of tools, instructions and examples, banners, keywords etc.. That is one feature I look for in a program to promote first. The merchants assistance.

I just finished an article about a program that is now offering all the marketing tools, a television spot, a new Corvette and other prizes to motivate the new generation of Internet affiliates. I think television will boost many program ratings and affiliate earnings with the exposure.

Information is the prospects path and their reason for their Internet search. The objective of the business person wanting to sell any product on the Internet starts by getting the name of the interested party, gaining their trust through more information and offing them what they were looking for because of your trusted recommendation.

These are the first steps you have to take. Accepting problems and mistakes as lessons learned and not the end because it does not work is an entrepreneurs challenge. It is not always the program but the individual that didn't prepare themselves for combat that brings failure and discouragement.:(

Hi Darren,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us and asking for advice and suggestions. I understand where you are at and am sure it must be hard.

HeyLanny - great advice! Thanks SO much for sharing your thoughts on this.

Darren, the most important advice I can give you is to be careful. I hate to say it but people like you who are fairly desperate to find a way to make money online often fall victim to "get rich quick schemes" and even outright scams. If you read about something that sounds too good to be true - like get paid to read email or get paid to click ads or fill out forms - beware.

Don't buy any product like an ebook or a pre-built turn-key site, if you are tight on money and especially if you are a newbie. Many will just be a time and money suck at this stage.

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to earn online, but it does take some learning, time, trial and error. Anyone that says they have the magic bullet is just trying to sell you something.

So if you are interested in learning how to make money with a blog or through affiliate marketing, start digging in here. All the info is free and we don't allow advertising in discussion threads so the info you get here will be the real scoop - not someone just saying a product or strategy is good because they are trying to sell you something.

I wish I could tell you the right thing for you to do that would pull in some quick money, but so much of the answer to "how to make money online" depends on your skill set, background, what you like to do or are good at and a variety of other things.

Read all the stickies in our newbie forum for starters. Then maybe you'll start to get an idea of what direction you want to go and can ask more detail questions.

Hope this helps a little!

You should also explore some offline money making ideas besides looking for an online adventure. I know many people, who have flourished offline.

All the answers above are great information for someone that is looking to make money online (to start to).
Just remember, as it was said before, affiliate marketing (or any good program) is NOT a get rich quick scheme.

Try not to jump on a band wagon of the newest fad.

Find your passion, what do you love to do?
before you start looking for a money maker on the internet, you need to take a good look at yourself and see what interests you.

The other post said about looking offline also, that is also a great idea. Many people have started doing something offline then took it to the internet to build on their business.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Its frustrating in the beginning - Be prepared for slight failure.
2. Never Give Up.
3. Be Resourceful - Learn as much as you can.
4. Set Realisitc Goals - $100 profit in the first month through your site?

Now on instant applications:

1. Learn how to create websites. Use Wordpress.
2. Don't go for niche hunting in the beginning (Its a trap) - develop a site around thing that you like. Example - you like movies? - Develop a site around Blockbuster or Netflix and earn affiliate commissions through them.
3. Join Affiliate Networks such as Commission Junction, Linkshare, Performics etc.

I am sure many people can elaborate these points further. Hope this is useful.

As many of the above responses wisely stated...making money online is a slow, methodical process...one which cannot be jumped into quickly. So follow the advice given. That being said, you may have other skills while you get your feet wet trying to make money online. Are you good at helping others with physical, as opposed to online, computer issues? Are you a handyman who can help with odd jobs around a house? Do you play a musical instrument proficiently enough to give lessons on a regular basis? By establishing your "offline" strengths, you may find that you can promote yourself through a local paper or a flyer which can generate some extra income while you study and learn what you need to in order to make money online. I realize how frustrating it is when there are people dependent on your bringin' home the bacon, but if you focus on what you already can do then maybe that can be of some help in the short term. Best of luck to you.

Jazzguy (Lyle)

I agree with what everyone said

Research before you jump in and buy something that promises the moon. I have some getting started articles on my website. Sorry they won't let me post the link but I'm sure you can find them if you want them

Rick

Darren, it is hard to get started but if others have achieved success you can too. I understand you need to make some money quickly, but it is a progressive process.

I think the best way to make money online is doing what you love and what you are good at. Here are some points:

- Write down your obligations at your company

- Write down the circumstantial tasks related with these obligations

- Write down some extra tasks you do at your company, even though they are not your obligation because you like to or...

Site note: Maybe you are helping your company to make a lot of money... This money could be yours

- Write down the industries and markets in which you have experience

- Write down the tasks you do at home

- Write down the activities you do in your free time

- Write down the tasks other people frequently ask you to help with them

- Write down the tasks you're good at​

Then, when you know your skills, you do a research to know if there are enough people with problems and struggling to find a solution (in this field) and of course if they are willing to pay for that solution.

If so, you study the marketplace, create your business idea and model that idea after a similar business.

I think now you know how and where to start. All you have to do is to take action.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

banners
Back