The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Local Search Ranking Factors 2011 by David Mihm is Out

Google Places Blogger

Posting from the Catalyst eMarketing Blog
affiliate
In this time of chaotic Google Places algo changes, you will want to be sure to read every word. I was honored to be selected as a contributor, along with a distinguished group of local marketing experts to share insights about the most important Google Places ranking factors. Good luck getting anything else done today.

Read the rest here...

Welcome to the TEMPORARY home of our Google Places Forum.
Eventually this forum may move to our sister site at
Catalyst eMarketing.

Hey Linda, I wanted to ask you if it is possible that you reveal what your answers to the questions of David Mihm were. I am really interested to compare them with the overall results.

I did think to copy my answers before I finished the survey. I figured since I spent time typing out all the answers I should save them for future use: like answers to related Qs in forums.

However I've also thought about doing a blog post with just my answers. Only prob is I only copied my answers, not the Question that they were in reply to.

So let me figure out best way to do this. Don't want to waste time posting here on the forum because I don't think anyone even knows about it except you. I'll let you know when I figure out a way that makes sense to blog it. I do need to find something to blog about next week, so that would be good.

In meantime, David did post a few of my comments so you can just search for them over there.

Yep, I read the comments, but I'm really interested to know how the answers differ, because I can imagine from the results and the comments how the answers were very polarized. Some contributors put too much importance on links (Andrew Shotland is one of them definitely), others on Categories (Mike Ramsey), still others on claiming the Place page, etc. So that's something I'd really like to know - the personal preferences of each of the contributors. I'm looking forward to seeing yours in the blog!

Most of mine were slanted toward getting the NAP format right. Critical step some people don't understand and put research into before working on the other optimization steps.

Many of the changes you make to Google from time to time and in most it caused a lot of problems for website owners, I think a lot of those harmed by the changes.

MI
Back